Gym downgraded to stop

I had a stop in my area that became a gym for a couple months, And since the last update the gym disappeared and it is now a stop again. It's not a big deal But I'm worried about stops disappearing and other gyms disappearing and this bug needs to be fixed before the whole game disappears🤣

Tagged:

Comments

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Not Wayfarer related. Please contact them via the in-game support.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Not a Wayfarer issue. Raise it in your app or here -

Thanks for the tag @Raachermannl-ING.

What can a wayfarer forum do for his problem ? Nothing.

What can the support do for him ? Answer his questions, find a problem. They are not perfect, but in my experience they respond really fast. For offensive names for example, it's a matter of hours.

What have you done to help ? Nothing, just sharing your bad thoughts and fake assertions. At least we help him finding out where he can have answers.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

The reason why most people nominate something is to have it appear in their game of choice. If I have something accepted I expect to have it appear in game provided it meets historical spacing requirements. There's no reason for me nominate and upgrade if it doesn't. 5% were mistakes and to close but that's my error but I won't purposefully nominate something that I know won't appear. (For the curious only about 25% of accepted don't make it into pokemon go but I know they probably will be in Ingress only will I do) If the main movitivation to participate is to change the gameboard then yes it is Wayfarer related.

To answer op's question: since they made a Twitter announcement with totals involved, I believe the major portion of the removal of the unintended additional gyms and pokestops is complete. There were a few instances of the incorrect poi being demoted unfortunately.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

They won’t provide an answer though. The thread will be closed with the Pokémon GO Support link provided.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nethertheless you know, that a human did it and not a bot, and it's somehow a tiny bit of pressure to Nia. And Nia needs pressure, to give answers ...

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I go to the hospital to ask for help putting out a fire, and the people at the hospital tell me I have to call the fire department, it’s not the fault of the people at the hospital if the fire department did nothing, nor are the people at the hospital “alarmingly indoctrinated” for telling you to get help with a fire from the fire department.

This is the wrong place to come with this subject. For that matter, there’s not even a question in the OP, it seems to be venting. This is the wrong place to come with that too.

Try these options instead:

In-app support

The Silph Road on Reddit

Twitter

Shouting into the void

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't really the right kind of post for TSR reddit. It may be more suited for the general Pokémon Go subreddit, though I'm genuinely not sure as I almost never visit it.

edited November 2021

"I had a stop in my area that became a gym for a couple months"

Wasn't that before the bug ? So I'm not sure it's bug related.

• sophielab-INGsophielab-ING Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭

It is not unreasonable for the Wayfarer team to look into a specific question about a specific poi and either give the typical not all pois appear in all games if the spacing rules look like they been properly applied or it's blacklisted due to property owner's request. If it appears to be bugged then they should relay the information to the pokemon go team and tell the poster that. I don't expect the Wayfarer team to solve the problem if it's game related but I do think they should be relaying issues to the games affected. Since the Pikmin Bloom's release may have affected the pokemon go sync, information is important because Transformer's Heavy Metal is in beta so to avoid a repeat of the bug.

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

It's possible that a stop was removed in the area recently which lowered the density of waypoints, thereby also having one gym disappear as a result too.

As for in-game POGO support, usually you get a bot on your first attempt, but if you reply back, you usually get a live person responding. But I dont think they will do much or even share much information with you since they seem to not share much specifics why gyms appear/disappear.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Removing stops doesn't cause downgrades in PMG.

If a Gym is reported to Wayfarer as an inappropriate POI, it will be removed from game. Never downgraded.

• ArborAndyYT-PGOArborAndyYT-PGO Posts: 87 ✭✭

Thanks to yall who give proper responses😜👊🏿

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It’s much easier to simply…” *writes six paragraph response regarding a topic that’s gotten about 40 threads in the last two weeks, and doesn’t apply according to the information in the OP*

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you might be mistaken. I think this *used* to be the case indeed, but I think it may have been changed recently, sometime during the summer or spring or something? I may misremember, so it's possible I'm wrong, but I do seem to remember reading about it here on the forum.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I know is there is a cell near my house where there was a Gym + pokestop diaganolly across street. They were seperate stop cells but same big gym cell and the only 2 POIs in the cell. These were both old old POIs like pre2016 when I started pokemon.. The pokestop was removed about 3 months ago. The gym was not downgraded.

I expected the gym to be downgraded when pokemon fixed the POIs that accidently upgraded from stop to gym and werent supposed to. Figured they'd run an algorithm on cells and just fix all the cells. But they didnt. They only downgraded the mistaken upgraded ones.

Meanwhile, two other Gyms near my house disappeared totally. One was a skating rink that got torn down. It wasn't until I got a 2nd stop approved in one of those cells that it became other POI in that cell became a gym. Ironically enough the "New Gym" in that cell should also be taken down. But this time I'm ahead of game, and got a back up spot approved. So if/when it disappears I won't be gymless.

• Based on the content of the discussion, I will be closing it for future comments. I appreciate your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.