All my nominations are reviewed by Niantic simultaneously.

Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received 15+ emails from Niantic about my nominations being accepted or rejected. I logged in and saw that all of my nominations, including some that were submitted over a year ago, are being reviewed by Niantic. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Is this a common/normal experience? Has anyone else had their entire nomination history reviewed by Niantic?

(I should also add that the vast majority of them were rejected. I must admit, there were a few borderline cases between them (unique advertisement, community fireplace, lookout platform, etc.) that I hoped the local community would eventually accept, but most of them are eligible according to the guidelines: permanent sculpture, art gallery, plaque commemorating an abolished college, religious artwork on the wall of a multi-storey apartment building. Making these nominations took a lot of effort and I'm honestly heartbroken that Niantic themselves rejected all of them.)

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single of your nomination? Wow that's amazing, at least.

Until there are more cases like this and the team follow up with their official statement, I'm just saying you're maybe the 'luckiest' person here.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I'm honestly baffled. I'm also a little scared because there have been reports in my community of Wayfarer bans being handed out because of "submitting ineligible nominations", so all these Niantic rejections make me wonder if I'll be banned as well.

Also, the remaining nominations being reviewed by Niantic include some nominations that require at least some local cultural knowledge to appreciate - precisely why I didn't want to upgrade them. Oh well, it is what it is.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Afaik this happens only when people get striked.

I know a guy, that got all his pending nominations (over 100) rejected, because he submitted things "with a thick thumb" to circumvent 20m rules. He got caught when he corrected the locations afterwards by edits.

My own expierience is the same thing for edits. Niantic rejected all my pending edits, when they found out, that I used supporting text edits for location edits. Thread about this is deleted.

But long story short: I got a mail about a temporary ban, that I was curious about (stated that I would influence reviewers with my nomination, especially no word about edits in there). Asked in this forum what the reason might be, posted a few example like collage supporting pictures or wayfarer rule screenshots as supporting pictures. According to Giffard evrything about this was fine. So someone in the comments asked for the supporting edit topic. I admitted to have done that, but long time ago and no pending one, that could cause the ban. Due to the lack of Streetview this is btw normal in Germany. If you deliver useful information to the edit reviewers it's not considered to be abuse in our community and is daily business. For us it's only abuse, if these are stupid attempts to trick the reviewers. When I admitted that Niantic rejected all my pedning edits. Plot twist: So I found a pending edit, where I wanted to remove a player tag from a portal. I guess that was the trigger event, that was reported by a dumb reviewer .... and a more dumb Nia trainee gave me the temp ban .... and the portal has still the player name in it.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all my nominations were rejected, though. Some of them were accepted, and some of them are still in voting by Niantic. I also haven't received a ban e-mail (yet).

I also haven't ever made a description/title edit to give information about a location edit.