State Survey Marks

Polkastarter-PGOPolkastarter-PGO Posts: 2
edited November 2021 in General Discussion

I would like to express the current discrimination issue regarding state Survey marks being a pokestop or not. I live in a community where there are absolutely minimal pokestops. I am trying to add Survey markers as there is nothing else. Someone else a few km away got their pokestop state Survey approved yet the 100s of mine I submitted never got approved why is this? This is not about any anti social behaviour it's being able to enjoy a walk an visit a variety of pokestops instead of the same 1 all the time. As how can someone choose if it's a valid pokestop or not I'd they do not reside in the country they are reviewing. I know all the pokemon go players don't mind the state Survey marks and would enjoy to have them in the area they live in. The people who state they are ineligible do not live in these areas and should not have any say.

Post edited by NianticGiffard on

Comments

• jaimelee81-PGOjaimelee81-PGO Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

Half the threads in this forum about not being able to get stuff approved, and the other half are threads about “I can’t believe this got approved”

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you used to enjoy Pokemon and now because reviewers have rejected your nominations you have stopped playing it?

I don't understand the logic behind that.

• PhoenixOmicron-PGOPhoenixOmicron-PGO Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

State survey markers can be a hard sell. Based on just the ones in my area they tend to be in the most random locations. Sometimes in the middle of a highway, often down deserted country roads with nothing on them. Sure, some get approved but location is the key. I know of one as a waypoint that existed what seems like forever in a rest area near me. I also know of a few in the middle of a highway that never should had been approved.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

The point of the Wayfarer system is to develop and improve a map for use across games, not just for Pogo. Your argument that something should be included just because you want more stops closer to your house or along your walking trail is completely contrary to what nominations are supposed to be doing.

As for survey markers themselves, read the thread linked above.

• Yea. But my point is why do you guys care so much. It's just a game. The time it takes to create a pokestop. Keep in mind I use specific descriptions as well as I provide a link so you people can see its a genuine spot and matches the location. Yet it's still rejected. Maybe if your kids were submitting pokestop locations you will pass them without reviewing them aye.

• SixtenT-INGSixtenT-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

We're not reviewing for "Pokestops", we're reviewing for interesting points of interest across all Niantic games. "I want a Pokestop close to my house" is a good way to get the rest of your submission ignored. If hundreds of your submissions are denied, perhaps check out the criteria and find out what doesn't fit. That's a you problem. Perhaps maybe they're probably in someone's yard, or the photo is bad, or that many people will find a notch in the pavement saying "state marker" isn't a very interesting POI anyway. Just because something is in the game right now does not automatically mean another one should be, or will be.

But we can't know or judge your submissions unless you offer a photo and a map and show us what is wrong.