Need Fewer Pokestops

Could NIA please filter out any nomination that has a description that includes the phrase "need more pokestops" or "need more stops" (or 'needs...') ? I find that those nominations rarely meet the criteria for actual wayspots.

Comments

• MelodyS1988-PGOMelodyS1988-PGO Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

I agree. 99% of the pure coal nominations I review have some variation of "need more Pokestops" as the supporting information. I thought about making a drinking game where I drink a shot each time a 1* nomination mentions "needing" Pokestops in the supporting information, but I would likely be dead from liver failure within a day or two.

A fair number also mention Pokestop, Pokemon or some other game specific text in the actual description (occasionally even in what would have been a 5* accept if it wasn't for the description). Just setting a filter to block the use of those terms in nominations would be an easy solution.

• Fosveny-INGFosveny-ING Posts: 11 ✭✭

There are legitimate nominations which include those terms. I've upvoted a large pokemon mural that's on the wall of a gaming store a few towns over.

Pokemon I guess in a few rare cases like that, but there is no legitimate reason to put "Pokestop" in the description or supporting information.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to comment that I find this complaint unnecessary, and then I remembered I had switched to the Wayforum to avoid a cooldown for rejecting this gem.

I will maintain, however, that the blocks Niantic uses now are ineffective and sometimes problematic. Want to nominate a memorial plaque or a mural that contains "covid?" Sorry, you can't, because Niantic blocked that word due to early abuse (you know, rather than going after the actual abuse).

"Pokémon" text is blocked from various text fields, but at this time I forget if it's "Pokémon" or "Pokemon," and of course plenty of people just type in "poke mon."

"Stops" and even "needs" could cripple too many good nominations. Maybe, instead, Niantic could follow through with promises to make better education for submitters?

There's a reason I am specifically requesting those phrases, and not just individual words.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

For sure, I'm just always a little skeptical since not every list can be compressive, and even once a compressive list is made, most "need moar stops" nominations are already ineligible, so simply blocking the ineligible text won't save the nomination.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had a chance to make adjustments to the nomination texts when they proposed and made alterations to the submitting process (i.e. existing Pokestops now appearing on screen). Niantic did not do so, but maybe it's not their decision but those responsible for engineering and developing the apps (i.e. the teams developing Pokemon GO/Ingress) and not necessarily the Wayfarer team.

It is just likely that the majority of people who put "need more pokestops" probably hasn't even set foot into Wayfarer once or even passed the test. So they really don't know.

edited November 22

I have had a playground area in a neighborhood park nominated but the genius that submitted it put as the description "A great place to catch some Pokemon". Not the supporting information, that was actually their description. The supporting information said that the neighborhood needed more Pokestops so that kids would not have to cross the street to get items.

I'm not requesting that they filter the text. I'm requesting that the nomination be returned immediately, otherwise unevaluated.

• Maum99-INGMaum99-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

the Submission and supporting information should be about the point of interest not the need for stops. Regarding education many of these submissions violate basic rules and are at private residences, schools, etc or contain faces and such. These are all included in the training.