Request to re review the waypoint rejected by niantic

I am hereby appealing the rejection made by Niantic reviewers

Title of waypoint: Lake Garden Unnayan Samiti community centre

City: Kolkata

Screenshot of rejection e-mail:

Screenshot of the details of rejected nomination:

Here is the image of the waypoint:

Additional information: This place is a community centre created back in 2010 for the sole purpose of increasing social interaction among locations and for that locals play indoor games such as chess,carrom e.t.c here . Therefore it is public property and clearly a permanent location.

The image of the waypoint shows the website of the place: www.lkgrdn.weebly.com which provides information about the community centre,also called club by the locals.

The address of the place is also written on the building: 30/1 Nabin Chandra Das Road Kol-700090( The kol-700090 is the then pin code of the place, now by the new laws places got their pin code changed and google and other government offices use kol-700108 hence written in description of the waypoint)

Finally,the name of the community centre is also written on the building which is written in the title of the waypoint : 'Lake Garden Unnayan Samiti community centre'

Literal meaning of 'samiti' is community of people'.

The place surely can't be seen from the satelite because of trees of the park outside used to play outdoor games such as badminton. But the satelite view shows there is curvature of road,here is the image that shows curvature of road:

Apologies for the poor photo quality,my camera is broken and is unable to capture exposure and there is lack of sunlight (it is evening)

Google itself does not show it's entry on the map but I have added it on the maps about the local community centre which should be added soon on the maps.

Please re-review this nomination

Comments

• Kaladin4Kholin-PGOKaladin4Kholin-PGO Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ngl, obviously I can't speak the language, but that doesn't look like a community center, and if it is, it doesn't look well looked after or even used, so thats proba why they failed it

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appeals aren’t a thing yet. You have to resubmit in the meantime.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still rejected by Niantic internal reviewers, therefore it can be appealed at this time.

Although that nomination doesn't look eligible enough.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, as unpalatable as it maybe, the rejection is valid.

When you google the name of the submission you get a lot of images, one of which is identical to the one one the submission.

The Niantic review is going to see that and think, picture has been taken from the internet, instant 1* rejection.

If you submited both pictures I would suggest that next time that you do not upload the one you use as a POI submission to Google at the same time.

The reviewer has no way of knowing whos submitted it, all they know is that the image is identical to one shown on Google so its an instant reject for copyright.

• UNoTakeCandle-INGUNoTakeCandle-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭

Nice catch, but there's a big question: Did the Niantic Reviewer actually do what you stated and rejected the photo based on copyright? We will never know, because their rejection reason is as generic as their forum answers.

Also, another point: The submission was done on November 2021. The picture that was uploaded to Google was ALSO uploaded on November 2021, as well as another picture from the SAME USER, also on November 2021. Given that their other most recent picture is dated over a year and a half ago, it would be an absurd coincidence that the dates match up.

No, this is just a Dun'goofed by Niantic (Which is kinda to be expected at this point). I wouldn't have even looked at Google Pictures if you didn't mention it, but since you took your time to do your due dilligence (and rightfully so, don't get me wrong, what you said makes perfect sense), i decided to do mine and with all the evidence provided, we can with 99,99% certainty assume that whoever reviewed this did a pretty bad job at doing so.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ LOL

These forums gets thread after thread of “reviewers don’t read” and and conspiracy theories of rejection cabals and rejection bots, and here we have evidence of a reviewer - a Niantic reviewer, no less - actually doing their due diligence and the first response is ‘did they do it really, though?’

Niantic doesn’t want to share with Google. Wayspot images have to be unique. If you upload it to Google, the image is no longer eligible, no matter who took it.

• UNoTakeCandle-INGUNoTakeCandle-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭

Yet the Niantic reviewer didn't do their correct due dilligence. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing that says you can't upload photos to Google after you use them to submit a POI. The reason Third-Party Photos are to be rejected is due to copyright, and guess who has the copyright to the photo? The same guy that used the same photo for HIS OWN nomination.

Not too what i prefer more on these boards: Draconian Reviewers with Criteria from 1985 burned into their brain, or the new breed of "This is my interpretation of the criteria and it suits my argument so i'ma use it" Andy's.

If you actually believe this to have been correctly rejected, do the community a favor and stop reviewing, or better yet, go apply for a job at Niantic so you atleast get paid for doing a bad job.

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

@NianticTintino @NianticGiffard can you please re-evaluate this nomination?

• willowitaly-INGwillowitaly-ING Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Respected members of the wayfarer community helped @0QuietKid-PGO formate this nomination in the Wayfarer discord. They clearly demonstrated that this is a social club that people go to to be social. It’s really clear that they took that photo themselves, and I see no reason this nomination should have been rejected, personally.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

How it's it really clear ?, the nomination doesn't have a name on it as its anonymous so the reviewer, any reviewer, has no idea who submitted.

They then have no idea if the person who did the submission is the same as the person who uploaded the pictures

• BaitGame-INGBaitGame-ING Posts: 2

The dates add up on picture upload vs nomination date. You are being obtuse for absolutely no reason. Both me and HaramDingo already covered that situation in some decent detail.

• BaitGame-INGBaitGame-ING Posts: 2

Don't worry, some of us are here to help and not to nitpick on small things that would only apply if you bend the scenario and criteria so much that it would be on the contortionist Guinness World Records.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaitGame-ING That's a legitimate argument for purposes of this discussion, but reviewers don't know the date of the submissions that they review. Even if they did, expecting them to cross-check dates for Google uploads against the submission date is quite the ask, and also quite unrealistic.

Overall I agree that uploading a photo to Google and also using it for a main photo should be perfectly legit-- you are still the copyright holder. In practice it's almost guaranteed to confuse reviewers. If it was me I would either take an extra photo from a slightly different angle for my Wayfarer submission, or I would only upload the photo to Google after my submission was reviewed. I always tell people, "Make it as easy as possible for reviewers to approve your submission." This is one of those cases where a tiny amount of extra effort might be a solid investment.

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

They did in fact state on thw discord server they did submit the image on google maps, and have since taken it down and replaced it. Does this satisfy you?