Community Hall rejected

Hello

this entry got rejected today after one month in queue.

It’s a community hall where public meetings and sometimes flea markets, exhibitions and this kind of stuff is getting hold.

you think resubmitting is worth it?

i think it meets criteria, doesn’t it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is a Community Hall it should be accepted. However, I can't see anything in your photos that indicates what it is, it could be a generic office building. Is there a sign anywhere you could get in the photos? I found the hall on Google and it is what you say. Perhaps you need to put a link in the supporting information saying "For confirmation, please see this website".

• Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

Your description is bad. Why don't you tell the reviewer what kind of events are taking place there.

In the supporting information you could give a link to the homepage of the community hall.

In other words put some effort into the nomination and it should get accepted

• mellycakes89-PGOmellycakes89-PGO Posts: 66 ✭✭

It is worth resubmitting, but if there is a sign that identifies the building, include that in the photo. The photos you provided just show a generic building, and some reviewers base ther reviews on the photos without looking further into it.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the community hall has a website or social media pages, I'd definately link to them. Doing so will really help your nomonation. Best of luck!

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

As others said, you may resubmit with better descriptions and photos, but...

Do NOT resubmit right now. Your nomination's location might be a part of area with massive rejection reports.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

From an outsider’s perspective, knowing nothing about this going in, I have a couple issues.

First, when I Google Rheingoldhalle Sasbachried, the headline states it’s a sports complex. While I have seen indoor spaces double as basketball courts or roller hockey rinks, I would have expected the main result to say it’s a convention/meeting space of some sort. Meanwhile, the image results make it look like a performance space (which would, as I understand it, make more sense with the Rheingold name). Any of these kinds of places could be eligible, but getting all three results is confusing. So I think the description or supporting information needs to help the reviewer clarify what exactly they’re looking at.

Second, when I Google just Rheingoldhalle, I get a result in Mainz. Is this a chain business? Is there a Rheingold business that owns multiple halls/spaces in Germany? Or am I mistaking the meaning of Rheingold in the hall’s name?

Third, Google image results from outside the building mostly look different from the image you submitted, and include the name Rheingold Halle in large lettering on the building’s exterior. Why did you not include the name of the place in the primary image?