New Wayfarer Challenge Where The Whole Community Can Participate Or Other Forms Of Competition?

Will we be seeing another Wayfarer Challenge any time soon? If we do has the team thought about any new forms of small events or competitions?

We have seen review contests happen in multiple different formats for different communities around the world at this point. In Sri Lanka they use to have a 2 week competition between the local ingress teams for prize rewards. Virtual First Saturday led to multiple different formats of review competitions which focused on the 2 hour window. The Wayfarer Discord recently just had a review competition that had done over 52,000 reviews with only 74 participants.

I think Niantic should explore different types of events with different rewards where all reviewers can participate. Quite a few reviewers have a lack of things to review and competitions where we can freely participate in different formats would be something that I can see helping this forum be utilized in a much more fun method.

52 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,522 Ambassador

Cheers to the Wayfarer Discussion Discord review challenge!

It would have been nice to see at least acknowledgement from Niantic about it.

• msz21-INGmsz21-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I think Niantic would ideally like the forum to develop its own community that could really foster events and competitions but since they geolocked the most recent Wayfarer Challenge, it didn't really allow the budding Wayfarer community to even participate from here. It is tough hosting fair competitions without having all the constant problems of prizes and rewards not being sent out but having someone motivated to host them frequently would still encourage even the most casual reviewer to know that the Niantic folks are really trying. You can't fault someone whose trying to do something to develop the community and if there was a visual Niantic host who did try hosting and still has problems, I would gladly defend them and I would hope the other reviewers would also give that individual the benefit of the doubt so that they can keep trying new formats and events.

• msz21-INGmsz21-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

Here's an example of what we use to host in my local area for a Wayfarer mini event for the 2 hour duration of Virtual First Saturday. Having a weekly forum driven event where people can participate would be an interesting format.

• GearGlider-PGOGearGlider-PGO Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

The WDD, when doing IFS, hosts a Bingo or a Scav Hunt. Here's an example from last October.

This is in addition to the other enjoyable contests that they hold.