Upgrade banking rather than forced use.

People might review more if they weren't forced to use any upgrade they received right away.

Personally I've slowed reviewing to almost zero purely because I don't want to be forced to use my upgrade. Period.

17 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

This has already been addressed here.

For auto applied upgrades, we will soon be shipping features that give you full control of where upgrades are used.

• PlutoIsSad-PGOPlutoIsSad-PGO Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Thanks. I wonder what the timeline for "soon" is.

A conservative average of 10 reviews a day not done is 300 reviews a month not done. Multiply that by all the others not reviewing because they are tired of upgrades being applied to nominations they don't want them applied to. The result is local nominations sitting in "in queue" and "in voting" limbo for a very long time.

We do so much voluntarily to help Niantic make money (now and in the future) but they don't seem to put any money and thought into helping Wayfarers and the user base. It's all "how can we get more money from our user base... 24/7" and it's quite tiring to see it so obviously applied.

Upgrade banking should have been applied earlier. Now with 40 nominations available (which is great for travel) nominations will probably still sit for a long time. This might not be an issue to the person who nominated but doesn't live there but they add to the local queue.