Reporting abuse - Forum or WF Chat?

Will both possibilities work in the future? Should we stick to one of the two possibilities?

Additional: what happened to the abuse form?

2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Tintino's Wayfarer 4.4 release notes:

We’ll temporarily keep the General Discussion & Appeals categories abuse discussion in the Forum open until the end of the year, and will be addressing those reports at a slower rate than through the Help page.

That being said, I have no confidence yet in the Wayfarer support. A report which clearly shows a fake series of LFLs was promptly rejected and case closed and told me to submit the actual location at each fake LFL's location before resubmitting the case. Like I'm going to go all the way there just to take photos of things that don't exist.

More instances of Sydney photo and edit abuse was posted on Saturday evening but hasn't even been answered or responded to yet, so I'm waiting on that before I add even more examples on the existing forum post. Guess the Wayfarer Support is only operating during business hours.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I used the Chat once. The message I recieved said they will contact me in the next hours. A few days have passed and still nothing.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly this. I personally think that they're overencumbering themselves by trying to use a Helpshift to reduce the amount of visible abuse reports from the forum so that it looks slightly more nicer, but are throwing reports underneath the bus by putting it into a queue that eerily reflects the non-responses of the Google form.

Like I always say, for a 24-7 game, they're very strangely business hours only. A gaming company of such income and stature should be better.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you find a fake POI then you first have to report it via the in-game facility. If that is rejected by Niantic you can appeal that decision in these fourms once you have the rejection e-mail.