Wasted upgrade

I have a nomination that was not excepted but was upgraded. Is there a way to get the upgrade back or is it gone forever? Also how do I keep my nominations from automatically upgrading before they have been voted on?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's gone forever. An upgrade just gets things reviewed more quickly, and if that happened then it wasn't a waste.

You can pick one to upgrade next rather than letting the system choose randomly.

• What are these upgardes good for? I am quite new here and have no clue. I tried to Google it but found nothing usefull. Is it explained here somewhere I didn't find?

• rodensteiner-INGrodensteiner-ING Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Upgrade basicly makes your contribution widely available to Vote for. Usually your contribution is Seen by Reviewers in your surrounding country parts. I wont Go too much into Detail, mainly because Nianti doesnt Talk about that and this information is found Out by the people that actually Use wayfarer .

Main Problem with Upgrade is that there will people Vote on it that dont Know how to boil Water. Usually your Upgrade to Something that isnt very Solid in the rulebook will make that contrib sink faster Then the Titanic.

Be Sure to apply These Upgrades only to Rocksolid contribs.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the moment I'm applying my upgrades to candidates, that are nearly impossible to get them approved by the reviewer crowd. But I choose stuff, that is valid accordiing to lots of Nia statements. So I upgrade them, so that I can appeal them now.

• It’s really quite frustrating when “other rejection criteria” is listed for an extremely acceptable nomination. It takes WAY too long to have anything approved on this platform and the upgrade process is laborious. It’s really defeating to finally get an upgrade and know either some dimwit or self-righteous wayfarer doesn’t bother with the nomination guidelines.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WurmpleManiac-PGO I use that rejection reason a lot... it's basically the way of saying "I don't think this meets the acceptance criteria." Niantic probably should have an explicit reason for that but they don't.

Also, your submission isn't just reviewed by one person unless it's a Niantic in-house review. Rather, it's handled by a lot of people. Niantic doesn't tell us how many, although we do know the number isn't fixed. It's probably in the general vicinity of a few dozen based on some player attempts at reverse engineering. If your submission was rejected it's because the majority of them voted to reject.