New to Wayfaring, got concerns about this "test"

CainmanAce-PGOCainmanAce-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

I "took" the test the first time and "failed."

So I went back and, for the retake, as the questions came up, I read the qualifications more carefully.

I thought this-and-that wouldn't work because of the fact that it is on a private schoolground, that this one would work because of this, blah blah blah.

AND FAILED a second time.

HOW do I know where I'm failing? That is my problem.

I went back and CLEARLY went by the qualifications that were listed.

I mean, there's no indication if you need 100%, 90%, what you did wrong, where you went wrong, etc.

EDIT: I finally "passed the test", but I still raise concerns about how it's promoted.

I would delete this posting but apparently I cannot.

Post edited by CainmanAce-PGO on

Comments

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on passing! I do agree that feedback should be more targeted for failed test attempts, maybe using general concept-based responses such as "It looks like you might want to review what constitutes Safe Pedestrian Access" or similar. The generic response of "failed, try again, study everything" is not meaningful and does not help people actually learn where they're not as correct as they think they are!

• jaimelee81-PGOjaimelee81-PGO Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

I also don't like that the test will have two possible correct answers. For example a) it's a great place to explore b) it's in a public park. These two answers could both possibly be correct.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that the test is poorly written (or at least it was the last time I saw it). My primary advice to anyone else taking the test is: read the questions carefully and only answer what you're being asked. If the question is about location accuracy, don't give an answer based on pedestrian access. If the question is about meeting the acceptance criteria, don't give an answer based on K-12 rejection criteria.