2nd Opinion on Appealing

Recently got my first upgrade after 700+ reviews wasted with a with a quick decline. The nomination was of the profile of a pedestrian bridge. Trouble is, I had to be far off on an another overpass to get the pic, since it crosses a highway. Didn't help that my camera's on a midrange device.

My gripe with the rejection reason is the idea that licence plates were visible when they're not. I've resubmitted with a pic of a less appealing angle on the bridge itself, but still feel hard done by the lost upgrade. Especially since reviews are now trickling in even slower.

Would appealing be worth it, or should I maintain this second much slower lap?

Comments

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 266 ✭✭✭

I would not necessarily consider that a strong nomination. Footbridges that are part of a hiking trail or such are usually but just a bridge to cross a highway isn't necessarily. Still your second photo is better. The first is too distant and has too much junk in it.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Try again before you resort to appealing. For footbridges you are trying them under "exploration" so work more on how they are important for letting people travel across impassible areas and explore while exercising. For that point the last photo looks much more like a place I would want to explore or send a gift from rather than the first photo. Carrying water main pipes across the road is not helpful as a persuasive argument. Focus on how this bridge helps pedestrians. What does it link? Where can you go? The design is interesting, reminds me of old rail line bridges. Do some research and talk about it. If it fails again then you can think about appealing but since no appeals have actually been processed yet I am reserving appeals for things so far away I will never have the chance to try again. Besides since you already did 700 reviews you are still earning agreements on them and so may get another upgrade soon without much effort.