University building keeps getting rejected

Refer to the attached picture for the rejected submission. It was rejected for being "School (K12)" and "Other Rejection Criteria".

I have two questions to ask the fellow Wayfarer community.

1) How can I improve my description to emphasise that it is a UNIVERSITY building?

2) Should I wait for the appeal or resubmit? I still have a few spare upgrades lying around.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with all your submissions!

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a generic office block or business. Nothing in the photo says "University" and your submission does not look particularly eligible. If there were some signage or a Building / Department name then that would improve it, but at the moment it is just "not interesting", so it ticks one of the Rejection Criteria boxes.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭

Like sogNinjaman-ING wrote, it doesn't really look like university building, and nothing from your text or photos says anything to sugest it's part of university.

Finding better looking bulding with a name on it or sign would be better idea, like others mentioned.

I would also add word "university" in either title or description, to show what you're nominating. And mention it more clearly in support text too (we don't know what you write here, so it's hard to tell what reviewers got from you, apart for main photo and first text).

I also tried to find your nomination location on streetview, and it's either not visible, or it's in different place than the rest of University. Try yourself to see if it's even visible on streetview - all university has only a few photospheres made, that are often pretty old (some are form 2012, some from 2016), and none of them shown any building that looks even similar to your photo.

But on photospheres I can see very nice white building with the same logo and name "The University of Nottingham" - this one would have much better chance of being accepted.

I also saw some pergolas, a library, some sports fields (for tennis, soccer, basketball and cricket) that would definetly had a chance to be accepted, if they're not already a POI. Maybe try nominating them, if they're not in game already :)

I also think this area has problem with too little photospheres (and some looks misplaced, I saw two photospheres that are from the same place but different years - and one of them is put in the middle of one building, when it cleary show plaza a few meters away from any building). Adding some photospheres would help for sure - you can do it by using "Street View App" on your phone.

Some buildings also don't have pins on maps (yours building looks like it don't have a pin - I found building called "Block E", "Block G" and "Block D", but I couldn't find "Block J" that you mentioned in your description) - some accurate pins for these buidling would help too.

As for appeals: So far, no one got any reply to they appeals, so nomianting something again is better idea if you want it in game sooner, but I'm not sure about this nomination - if it's not clear where it is, and it's not clear what you're nominating, it's better to made new, better nonination for it or just find something else that will be accepted easier.

I hope you get something accepted soon, good luck!