Picnic area nomination flagged as fake?

Good day, my fellow Wayfarers!

I recently nominated a neighborhood rest area/ picnic area that is located along a neighborhood walking path. The nomination was not accepted and was flagged as a fake nomination and a natural feature. The nomination's location is very visible on Google maps.

I can understand why it might have not been accepted since it's not a "flashy" or super interesting location. But how can I avoid getting things flagged as fake in the future?

(Also, does having nominations flagged as fake put a black mark on a wayfarer account? I hope that my innocent nomination would prevent me from nominating more locations for wayspots in the future.)

Thank you for any advice and your time! Happy 'wayfaring'!

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12

I have to say, from the angle you photo is taken it does look somewhat like the table is "floating" in the air, sp perhaps some reviewers though it was some poor photoshopping or similar. Your supporting photo is poor, it does not include the nominated point and is of no help to reviewers trying to establish a location. You really need to make sure the nomination appears in the supporting photo.

For me, this appears to be another generic bench, so I would have rejected it for "Does not meet criteria" despite the fact the location is proven by your photos and Sat View.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭

I had a nomination marked as fake nomination abuse (falsely) and nothing happened to me. I have actually appealed that one.

I think sogNinhaman is correct about the unfortunate floating table effect in the nomination photo, and then not including the table in the supporting photo. A red flag for photoshopped nominations is not including a different angle of the same thing in the second photo so they don't have to do it twice.

It's really sad that there are so many people who submit bogus nominations and make people suspicious of all of them. Keep nominating real things! This particular nomination is going to be a hard sell (generic table) but it could go through if you can make a case for the importance of this designated area to the community, especially if you can link to some information that backs that up in your supporting statement.

• K3rnelP4nik-INGK3rnelP4nik-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited January 15

As also reported by @sogNinjaman-ING the main photo of the candidate can be improved by changing the position from which you shot or angle of view. Try to cover the whole picnic area with the main photo. Also, the support photo is quite poor, it may not help the evaluators in the review phase.

Is there any sign in the area that says it is a picnic area? The sign could be very useful indeed.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

In addition to the above suggestions, you never told reviewers what it is (neighborhood picnic area, located along a neighborhood walking path). And, I wouldn't mention the school.

If you're worried about a "fake nomination" black mark, you could appeal it. Niantic should be able to tell the photo is not doctored. But, they could still reject it for other reasons.