Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

S2 Cell System

Scrolling through this forum I've seen a lot of talk and complaints about agent and trainers abusing the S2 cell system to gain additional stops and gyms in Pokemon Go.

1) Has Niantic ever come out and publicly acknowledged that their games are using on the S2 system to decide portal/stop/gym/inn placement?

2) If no to the first question, is this why Niantic is in passive agreement of players using IITC? Even though it's a third party app?

3) Has anyone actually been punished for moving POI's?

Searching through the previous AMA's I saw lots of "Niantic speak" says they were looking into the issue. The intel map is seriously lacking when it comes to placing new POI's. Isn't it time for NIA to embrace IITC? Or come up with a new and improved Intel map, with S2 data for cell placement?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Saltedeggfries-INGSaltedeggfries-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

1) Never been confirmed publicly

2) I am assuming cause it works better than stock intel

3) I have seen a Pokémon Go player in my country getting an email (see below) from Niantic. This is from excessive abuse in moving Wayspots back and forth and also abuses in edits.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) They've never said as such publicly.

2) Apparently they don't punish players for using IITC because some NIA employees were found to have been using it. To as whether that's true or not is a different matter.

3) I've seen screenshots of emails where players have been warned about their attempts at influencing reviewers but never any of players actually being banned from Wayfarer/editing/submitting

• Grogyan-INGGrogyan-ING Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

1) Niantic have stated that very clearly that the use of 3rd party tools to gain an advantage to or work around their systems, is against the ToS.

The use of a plugin or to to highlight S2 cells is a violation.

2) IITC is a violation of the ToS!

However, due to the fact that it uses the Intel data stream, and no data is held in a database, and the fact that the majority of tools assist players in strategy planning is beneficial to their Ingress game.

• SoulKing95-PGOSoulKing95-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

I heard from another post that IITC has been approved or still in pending section? Cmiiw. And yes, it really helps for planning submission