Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Would You Reject A Carved Tree Trunk Bench?

I've seen this one on the Ingress Intel Map (apparently from years ago) and I've a couple of other examples I would like to see accepted. The group of carved benches I tried to submit in the park (as one submission) seem to have been rejected because the satellite imagery isn't up to date and I did not provide a 'Google Photosphere'. I found another I want to submit but I'm worried it will be another wasted submission. Carved wooden benches are not mass produced objects (as far as I know), each carving looks different and they aren't found in that many places anyway.

Best Answer

Answers

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I know of only two or three examples of carved benches in my town of over 100,000 people. Does that mean they aren't that common? Maybe. I think we must be in different countries.

I don't find carved benches that interesting either (though some can look rather nice). However, there are a variety of things which are perfectly valid Wayspots that I don't find particularly interesting. Even though I personally don't find said things interesting, I still submit them knowing they will be accepted, because it's not about what I think. Somebody else may find such things interesting and they should, in theory, increase player participation in the vicinity regardless, which is good for the games we play.

• AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,059 Ambassador

The benches that you shared I would not accept, however, if the carving was more ornate or artistic it would become increasingly more viable.