Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Stickers, current thoughts?

Whats the current guidance to named route-markers that are in the form of long lasting stickers?

Example below

Answers

• Aliriddle-PGOAliriddle-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING I only ask for clarification, one way or the other.

Its a high quality sticker, for a named trail. I’ve resisted submitted them, and concentrating on the identical, but on a plastic disc, versions to start with.

• Faversham71-INGFaversham71-ING Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no special guidance. They're as eligible as any trail marker but, a lot of people will consider them temporary, despite they're lifespan being typically 5-7 years.

I agree, but it seems the vast majority disagree.

Would be great to have an official, “stickers are acceptable”

• FuzzySun-INGFuzzySun-ING Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Looks good to me. One problem with asking for a ruling from Niantic is you might get a snap decision based on no thought whatsoever as to why the relevant authority might use a sticker in one instance and a plastic disc (bearing an identical design) in another.

Has anybody had success with stickers? I tried a couple of the ones above and both got hit with the "temporary/seasonal" refusal.

I'd like to think they are completely eligible, due to the long lasting nature of the stickers, and as such clarification that this is the case is essential.

The main reason for the stickers on this route is that they are found on already existing metal posts, or lampposts. Im guessing the decision was made that erecting another pole, just to attach the plastic disc was overkill.

Either way, ive been living in the area 6 years, and so far not spotted any failing/removed or faded stickers. In fact in recent weeks, the team that runs the route has been going around adding new discs and stickers, they haven't had to replace any!

• FuzzySun-INGFuzzySun-ING Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Had success with two sticker-type markers. Both were rejected first time (one of them was rejected four times in quick succession). This was before they started putting the rejection reasons in the emails. Know of some others to try at some point.

• Belahzur-INGBelahzur-ING Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my semi-locals did, he's submitted some Wakefield Way markers, as always theyh are a mixture of stickers/plastic discs, but here's an example of a sticker one that was accepted.

I'd consider the sticker format as permanent and acceptable as they are maintained by either the council or the local government.