Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

All Progress On Wayfarer Reset Or Deleted

Hi, I'm having issues with my wayfarer account. When I log in with the following email: emilymkalel@gmail.com, the website tells me I need to get started and take the test. I have already taken the test and passed, I've been reviewing for a month or two and I've collected and used I believe 8 upgrades, I was also about halfway to a ninth upgrade last time I logged in. I can't remember when I last logged in and it was working right, but I think it was a few days ago. I also have a screenshot of 177 agreements that I earned from Pokémon Go. Also, when I looked nominations in my wayfarer account today, there were none, even though I've submitted at least 10 and had appealed at least one, all of them were just gone. I did recently de

lete my ingress account with the same email, but I was told by their support that it should not affect wayfarer in any way 

0 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's your problem. Deleting your Ingress account has caused this issue. It's known about and I believe they are trying to resolve it, but no solution has been given yet and it's an issue that's been around for quite some time.

The best thing to do would probably be to ask @NianticTintino if any progress has been made towards fixing this issue, and if it's been prioritised.

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Well saying its his problem, when its design mistake by niantic + bad communication is a bit weird though. You can not expect a user to research through the bug section before deleting one of his game accounts, especially if he reached out to support in the first place. Its not logical by any means.

Nonetheless. i hope niantic will tackle the issues, as it has affected me aswell, when they introduced the wayfarer system. I requested help through support at that time, but werent able to help or pass on the subject at all (since there was no dedicated wayfarer support i guess?). I just started to live with that, since all medals stay the same and get incremented anyway, if you start rating again. Only the statistics on the wayfarer profile are wrong (at least for me).

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I didn't mean it like that. In my head when I read what I typed, it doesn't come across the way you interpreted it. It's meant to read as "that's your problem" in a matter of fact/diagnostic kind of tone, rather than "that's your problem" in a "you should've checked here first" kind of tone.

It is indeed an issue of Niantic's making and they do really need to get on with fixing it. Support also needs to learn about this issue, as it is something that is known about and documented.

Post edited by HankWolfman-PGO on
  • FTBubbles-PGOFTBubbles-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Thank you for the information, I didn't know that it was a known issue, I thought I did something terribly wrong on wayfarer. I also thought this was the place to report a bug to support? Also, apparently I need to check on the website to know I received answers to my questions and I haven't been using it since I didn't really want to do wayfarer after this issue happened. I also haven't any feedback from any other in game bug reports, so I figured this was lost in space.