Ideal Pokestop rejected twice. Any suggestions appreciated.

I have submitted this twice now and it's been rejected both times. It is an interesting place, in a park area away from the road with easy pedestrian access.

Could you please let me know why this is being rejected? It's a great spot for a stop.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which Niantic criteria do they meet? I don't see these as a great place to be social, to explore or to get fit. "1* - Does not meet criteria" rejection for me.

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8

As @WheelTrekker-ING and @HankWolfman-PGO said, nominating bat boxes or bird boxes are likely to interfere with the purpose of these boxes, which is to provide safe places to birds and bats, not providing packs of gamers a place to chat and meet.

Otherwise, if there is any educational sign around about these boxes, it can be great nominations.

Have a happy game, and happy life to the bats !

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭

Something like that needs an information and educational board to explain what it is for.

• Narbeth84-PGONarbeth84-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks all! I'm new to nominating stops, so did not realise that this would not be suitable.

These are the only bat boxes in our town, so had no idea they were seen as mass produced items.

As the tree is off the path, and the boxes are high up, there's no real risk of the bats being disturbed. The area is a popular play spot and dog walking location already.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

The tree being off the path could have hurt it too. You're supposed to ne able to walk up and touch the object. If there's a mass of brambles between the path and the tree, some reviewers might have voted no pedestrian access.

The park or whatever group installed the bat boxes might be willing to put up a sign. It would be cool to have an educational sign about the bats and conservation efforts.