Upgrades Returned or Prioritization on Upgraded Appeals that are found to be Eligible

ConnorYamsek-PGOConnorYamsek-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in April AMA - 2022

Are there any plans to address "wasted" upgrades that were used on submissions that (after Appealing) Niantic deemed to be eligible? My appeal went through on what I felt was a "slam dunk" nomination and should have went through the first time, but I feel like it's reasonable to ask that we get our upgrades back in these cases. Where I live, the standard queue is 3 months and while I realize many people have it worse, I work very hard to earn upgrades so that my city has a faster turnaround time. Would you consider either A) Prioritizing appeals for rejections that were upgraded or B) Returning upgrades following an error in criteria judgement by reviewers?

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
14 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree! It's very demotivating to put in a couple hours, to do 150 reviews, to get 100 agreements - then it's rejected. Then (months or years later) Niantic agrees it should have been accepted in the first place.

Meanwhile, because I used upgrades on things that incorrectly failed, I'm supposed to put more and more hours into reviewing. Or, as punishment, my new nominations will take 6 months or years?

Have I been a fool, for putting in so many hours over so many years, nominating and reviewing? I would feel less a fool, if those wasted upgrades were returned. It would bring a feeling of fairness - rewarding those who stuck with it.