How long do appeals take?

I've had one sitting there for about four months now.

(says location is a duplicate, but there is not stop there (in PoGo))

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've already been told there is a wayspot there, so the appeal will still be marked as a duplicate when it gets looked at.

The only thing you can try is to contact Pokémon Go support and report this as a syncing error. I've had this happen once before, and when I reported it they gave the generic cut and paste response of not all wayspots make it into Pokémon Go, but within 48 hours it did end up getting synced, so presumably someone pressed a button somewhere and fixed it.

If that doesn't work, you're just stuck without a wayspot there in Pokémon Go unfortunately.

Regarding time scale for appeals, Niantic started to actively review appeals around a month ago. I've had two looked into in that time. Bearing in mind though that the system was bogged down by people taking advantage of the bug that allowed them to submit more appeals than should've been allowed, it wouldn't surprise me if the average wait time is a bit longer than we were all anticipating until they've cleared that backlog.

• Koalatronic-INGKoalatronic-ING Posts: 15 ✭✭

It might not exist in Pokemon Go as a Pokestop, but if it has been marked as a duplicate then you will probably find it already exists in another game. Many that appear in Ingress don't make it through to Pokemon Go, but they still exist in the Niantic framework, so will be marked as a duplicate.

That's something you'll need to bear in mind. It isn't ideal for Pokemon Go players as you won't be able to see the duplicate, but there are other games such as Ingress that have more portals/stops added.