Paint Party Studio

Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Reviewers are literally the worst….

public, place to be social, pedestrian access. There is not one single reason to reject this type of business yet here we are.

Comments

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

missed the typos, fair enough point, but I would assume that you are aware (based on your post count within these forums) that adding a link, even in supplemental information opens up nominations to be rejected for including a URL. Yes I know its allowed, I've also had more then my share of nominations get rejected for including them, so as a rule of thumb I do not include them anymore. Wish Niantic would add a separate place to include that information. It's come up in enough AMA's.

At best you're nit picking. Sorry to say your "creative" description in my opinion is no better then what was already added. Also note that this didn't get rejected for Title/Description. It was rejected for Other Rejection Criteria and Inappropriate Location, which we know the first reason is reviewers don't believe it meets the eligibility criteria, which of course it does. And if it meets eligibility then now it needs to meet a rejection criteria in order to be rejected, which it does not. Ergo, bad reviewers.

Your response, again, is only nit picking very small blemishes on a nomination that, based on the rejection responses, played no part in the decision.

I'll resubmit, without the typos this time. If it doesn't get approved the second time I'll simply wait for Niantic to fix the appeal system and get it accepted that way. Unique businesses like this are the exact type of POI that Niantic wants to see in Lightship.

I'll stick to my original statement, reviewers are literally the worst.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

"At best you're nit picking."

At least they're trying to help, and didn't outright say anything negative about your candidate. I tend to agree with their comments - "right or wrong."

As you said, there isn't a reason to reject it. I also see little reason to accept it if I was reviewing it - maybe a low approval rating from me because in theory it is eligible but I'm not expecting an agreement.

I'm confused by this discussion. Do you want advice on improving it or do you just want to complain about reviewers and disagree with people offering help?

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Well the forum is "Criteria Clarification", not "Nomination Improvement" so I guess I would prefer why you (or anyone) see little reason to accept a unique painting class boutique, that falls directly in line with Niantic Guidelines, a great place to socialize. Still haven't seen any rational around that.

Additionally the reason to rail against the notion that they are "trying to help" is all the comments feed into the reason that there are so many folks complaining about reviewers to begin with. If you go into a review looking for things to reject a candidate, guess what, you're gonna find them. Look at Vlads first comment about the photo. The only words he can read is Classes? Really? You can **** most of the word "Birthdays", You can't **** Paint N' Sip? You cant see the Business Name which is the point of the photo to begin with? Which leads me to the supporting photo, which shows the store front, where all those phrases appear again. Its looking for issues to sink a valid nomination. Not reviewing to the proper standard.

To your point @Gendgi-PGO maybe for some it gets a low rating, they don't understand what these places do or offer, and its gets threes across the board. But there is not enough here to give it a 1 by any stretch of the imagination. It's lazy reviewers, the comment was lazy forum trolling. Its the same habits that lead us down these rabbit holes. None of the things that Vlad mentioned should lead to a nomination getting rejected but here we are.

So know I have to submit again, much easier these days for sure. Have this reviewed and hopefully go through without issue. Again if it doesn't, because (say it with me) reviewers are literally the worst, I'll have to wait until Niantic fixes their appeal process and get it through that way.

In the meantime if anyone would like to offer reasoning why a store that promotes bring people together using art, isn't a dead ringer for a POI in LIghtship, I'd be happy to debate that topic.