Why do obviously automatic removal rejections take months?

I have to appeal them here anyways while the POI is abused ingame.

So why the wait.

Comments

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

Have you example(s) to share with us ?

I just had two reports answered by Niantic. One complicated big report here (not US) for many Waypoints and abusers was treated in 2 month. The other, reported in game was rejected in just 3 days. We will see how fast the appeal will take.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/30916/emergency-service-fakely-nominated-as-defunct#latest

• GalarHooligan-PGOGalarHooligan-PGO Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

One of a batch from a pre-school, still waiting on the rest.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

By coincidence, I just got one of these in my inbox this morning.

9 months for a response on a K-12 report (a daycare center in this case), but at least it was approved.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,157 Ambassador

like most aspects of wayfarer report reviews seem to either come quickly or not for a very long time and there's no rhyme or reason to it. I've been on a reporting binge this week and have reported about 30 way spots that no longer exist and I'm getting a lot of next day or 2 day responses. however, several of the way spots on my list sounded familiar so I searched my emails and sure enough 2 of them I'd reported previously 5 and 8 months ago but still no reply. Other reports made at those times received quick responses, why did these 2 get stuck?

anyway if you're impatient you can report the same way spot again and see if the response is faster.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Niantic doesn't care about individual waypoints as much as we do. They think in tens or hundreds of thousands.

Also, if something used to be there, but is not now - Niantic doesn't see that as a big problem. In the Ingress lore (and perhaps the lore of future games), portals have existed for centuries or millennia. The XM they produce affect/enhance people's minds, so people often feel inspired to put a statue, library, church, (etc) on top of it. If the statue, library, church, goes away, the portal is still there, just as it always was.

You'd think they'd move fast on rejection reasons that COULD mean someone might sue them someday: private property, blocks emergency service, K-12, pedestrian access (unsafe). I'd say those process on average faster than Duplicate or Permanently removed, but sometimes the legal risk reports take many months anyway.

Sometimes it helps to make a legit Title or Description change, like "Right next to the fire truck garage doors" first. After it's accepted, then report. It is a long game.

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,157 Ambassador

@MargariteDVille-ING

Because Niantic doesn't care about individual waypoints as much as we do. They think in tens or hundreds of thousands.

With a limit of 2 reports and 2 edits per day we literally can't 😅

I'm working through a list of over 600 that need either a title edit or a removal report and it's gonna take months.

I'd much rather just hand off a list of things and say "these are all gone, please remove them. 5 seconds on google maps will verify this" and another list of title edits.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this doesn't have anything to do with this thread. Please report this to support chat instead.