Cooldowns Update - Discussion

2»

Comments

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

I can say with extreme confidence that add-ons don't cause cooldowns on their own.

• Balt4zar-PGOBalt4zar-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

that's yet another US-centric POV from Niantic, even if we had all 3 points in the same place we get foreign languages a lot, and putting 2 of these points more than half the country size away would only make it worse and reduce reviews quality, what's the point?

so home and current are automatically the same outside of the US-centric POV again, we don't relocate as easily in Europe, we tend to stay in our home city or move from home town to the nearby city that's more like 25 miles away than 250

• JoashJagaimon-PGOJoashJagaimon-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi everyone good day

I was wondering why my nominations are always rejected For example this picture attached

This is a photo taken from a different city it is a rural area coffee shop at pass the community guidelines and it was said that it is Mismatched Location & Private Residence or Farm clearly it is not

Sala café is a coffee shop and a surf good shop

It is very clear that I can’t post these pictures because people are visible right?

And also please consider that some people travel and use the airplane to travel just to submit things like this and it is hard to go back and submit a submission like this

please try to consider things like this it will support the community

thank you very much for your kind consideration

• jizza-INGjizza-ING Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Instead of the cooldown message I get something like this:

I can hardly believe that there's nothing to review in central Europe. Is this the friendly version of the cooldown?

• Rennsport4-PGORennsport4-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

This cool-down thing still confuses me. When you get a 1* nomination that’s clearly silly, and then closely followed by a nomination that meets all criteria and you know will be accepted (such as a MUGA for example) and you review it quickly you then get a cool-down. Strange

• RU001-INGRU001-ING Posts: 61 ✭✭

Triggers are unchanged, this update only lowered the Cool Down time period

• Liediawa-PGOLiediawa-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

@NianticTintino I have only problems since this update.

With me on my Acc I can currently only make 5-10 reviews and then already have a Cooldown. Since it doesn’t matter how much time I take during or between the reviews.

I once allowed myself the fun and have where I was with a friend rated on his account. He had it on the PC anyway and I had asked him. The result was that I could have evaluated over 2 hours. How could that be?- Since both times I have evaluated and I have not changed my scheme.

Same here, 10-20 reviews and the cooldown starts. At least due to this I don't get the "well done, nothing to review" message that often anymore.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "not a robot" picture or captcha is a purchased (Google) product that just wraps around Wayfarer. Niantic can't change it.

I've still never gotten a cooldown (23,100 reviews). I also don't use any third-party-apps, like Wayfarer+ or IITC. I really look at each nomination, and do not watch the clock.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

ReCaptcha is a Google product, but Niantic decides when to show it to the reviewers.

• Inkypinkyponkey-PGOInkypinkyponkey-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Totally hopeless. I just started yesterday, Watched a few You Tube clips on how to vote, what to look for etc. Read all of the wayfarer instructions. But as soon as I get " Which picture" type reviews, even if I take a 10-20 second count before clicking , I get cool down? Even if it is dead obviously wrong .For example a pic including a photo of someone. I left it last night and started fresh today. 4 submission..boom cool down.

• BochumJules-PGOBochumJules-PGO Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@NianticTintino @NianticVK @NianticGiffard

👍🏻 Very cool, thank you, works really well with the cooldown. I made only 1 review and that was also a duplicate. And 6h cooldown time is the thanks ....wonderful

First of all, anomalies after an evaluation sounds really logical!

• 000GreenBttm18-PGO000GreenBttm18-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

i feel like I'm not understanding this correctly.

what exactly is a 'cooldown' in this context?

because the comments above make it appear as though some reviewers are powering through a designated maximum allotment of nominations, and have to wait to be allocated more.

and while that just seems absurd, given both the time it takes for even an upgraded nomination to transition into voting, let alone approved, as well as the idea that anyone has that much free time (I sure don't, and my income is fully automated).

it would also indicate that the basic statement being made by OP here is "we have decided to reward good work, with even more work to complete" 😅😅

so can someone PLEASE just ELI5 what a wayfarer cooldown is?

it's exactly what you're describing. we're getting punished by a stupid algorithm for reviewing submissions while the waiting list of this submissions gets longer and longer.

has there been an update in the cooldown policy? i've just got an 6 hours cooldown with great status.

• Vboy99-PGOVboy99-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭

When I first come into the family for Wayfarer, I've taken note of this. Hence, allow me to share my thought on the matter.

Google Map

• - Google employed people, to professionally mapped most of the cities. In fact, nearly around the world.
    • - here, we are the so called enthusiastic volunteering in shaping something great.
    • - professionals are equipped with gadgets and an established system, with experiences in completing their job.
    • - we rely on Niantic to provide the guidelines, and we ourselves with own equipment, is establishing that system to achieve that something great.

Barter Trading

• - I fully understand the requirement to review, and support the fact that it actually helps to submit good nomination.
    • - but the truth is, not all nominator and reviewer actually puts in effort; and those that do, often meet with unjust outcome.
    • - is there a system in place to look into this?
    • - besides, all the hard works (non stop reviewing, taking good photos, thinking of a good Title, cracking the brains on Description, spending time looking for a good Wayspot, etc.) to create something not for ownself, just to be rejected, can be very disheartening.
    • - and in the end, after all the time, the energy and the efforts that a good Wayfarer trade in, is?...

Equality

• - as one of the fundament of Alchemist: equality.
    • - it means, the same amount of effort contributed, shall received the same amount of (I don't know, return?)
    • - which is why, when the community was created, nothing with regards to gender, race, nationality, status and etc. is in place (I assumed this fact, from the layout and interface)
    • - so, it makes no sense that the person who created this community, created 2 groups: Ingress and PoGo. Unless they require both community to input different point of views.
    • - when both are treated equally, both should have the same reward.
    • - the purpose to achieve equality, is so that everyone can come together and set asides differences, to achieve that 'creating something great' goal.

The truth is, when I came into the family, it's the so called pioneer generation that shared their knowledge with me.

They are the beacon that set the standard, and uphold that standard, and impart the knowledge. And I whole heartedly respect these people.

Their time, their effort, their integrity, should not go unnoticed.

Cause when we were young, when we received a reward from our hard works, it meant the whole world.

Current system just doesn't seemed anywhere near a reward. A reward should be something along these line:

• good nominations submitted + years with the family + sharing of knowledge + subjective and active review = able to get own nomination straight up to the approval panel and appear within (really short period of time, let say, 4 days?)
    • the people within Wayfarer (I'm talking about the employee), spotting good nominators and reviewers from out of the pool, should be giving encouragements + acknowledgement, so that these people become the next generation leading the new generation of joiners.
    • and those people who really put in effort + time + pioneer that leads, a simple Niantic badge (either physical or virtual, or both) is really good enough.

Well, those are just a thought.

Sorry that this reply stretched so long. Because before I join, I don't expect things to be in this state. It can be quite disheartening.

I know some will questioned: what I proposed doesn't fit into 'equality'. Honestly, male and female are not the same, but equal. We each have our own strength, and we should utilized our strength to the fullest. Some of our strength relates to being very objective reviewer, some of our strength is taking really good picture. But no matter what, we will achieve that final status, with consistency and effort. That is equality.

When I volunteered in NGO, only the volunteers will receives items from sponsors. All employee are not entitled to any form of sponsorship. Because we are using our own time. We are not paid. We put in so much effort. At the end of the day, we don't seek for a wage. We simply want to give back to the community. And even we received things like chocolates, we usually give them to the cleaners and the security guards.

In conclusion, we deserve that pinch bit of respect and a little bit of internal assistance should we needed help. Not for personal gain, just so that this path would be smoother for us.

• 代り映えのしない自治体の案内板など特徴的でなく探索に向いていない掲示板を沢山審査し、

これを「興味を引くほどの案内板ではない」と定型文を入れ承認外とすることを「CoolDown」の対象としてしまうのは

少しでも早い審査をしていくということから離れているものだと思う。

これは、審査側としては、-評価ではなく、+評価にしていかないと、審査のスピードアップにならない。

また、こうしたことで審査評価がさがるのであれば、限られた領域内に密接しすぎて実際に機能できない申請ウェイスポットに対する却下選択肢を増やすべきではないか。

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speed is a heavy contributing factor to cooldown. It is even also a contributor for a Wayfarer's rating as well. Because I'm **** sick to **** of endlessly duplicating Turramurra abuser's duplicate nominations, it takes a split second to dupe it. Why should I have to **** wait 20 or so seconds to dupe something?

It's absolute ****. Why does my rating go down because I don't wait? The way I review doesn't change or how it changes. It is a matter of speed and endless duping. So useless!

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No1ofConseqence-PGO I never get the "Good Job! Come Back Later!" message. Are your home and bonus locations sufficiently far from each other AND from your usual place of play?

I very rarely get the captcha. Sometimes I go a few hundred reviews without it. Seems to happen when I get several duplicates in a row, and score those faster. Captcha is just a free plugin, owned by Google, that Niantic plugged into their code - not something Niantic really controls. Also, maybe we need to consider the possibility that you actually ARE a robot, lol.

For "the whole reason for the existance of CAPTCHA", see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA#Inventorship_claims

You are right here:

Niantic's stakeholder engagement, specifically engagement of the Wayfarer cohort, is abysmal. As reviewers we need better clarifications, better direct communication, with Niantic and what Niantic want of us. We most certainly do not need the insulting cut-n-paste non-answer responses that seem to make up the significant majority of what communications we sparingly receive."

...except that I don't think Niantic considers us "stakeholders". We are the floor that holds up everything, and they walk on, and don't think about much. Except - we're cheaper.