Low Quality Photo Rejection Reasons

Is it just me or is it really disrespectful when people mark "low quality photo" on (seemingly) any picture where there is snow? What am I supposed to do on these? Not nominate during the winter?!

For the swings... don't you think that is far better than a wide shot of the swingset (which you will barely be able to see?!)... lol and for the footbridge I literally even manually cleared the snow off of it.... what am I missing? Are these actually bad pictures or am I just getting bad reviewers (surprise, surprise, lol).

I mean I wouldn't call them great.... I like blue skies and green grass also but what are your thoughts as solo rejection reasons for all 3 of these??

Comments

• ZeroZeroZiete-INGZeroZeroZiete-ING Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

They think snow is lava but they coudlve selected low photo as the reason for reject but overall could be a legit reject with other reason too

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

None of these are low quality photos. Even the bridge, although not taken at Reviewer's Preferred Time of High Noon on a Sunny Summer Day from a Straight-on Perspective, uses its angled view to show the markings/decals on the bridge uprights, the safe pedestrian access (footprints in the snow), and the necessity of the bridge itself due to the small culvert. It's not pitch-black, super-blurry, showing a car sideview mirror, or upside-down. I can clearly see what the candidate is and that it's the focal point of the image, and I don't need to rotate my screen to know this.

It annoys me to no end when people reject snow photos. Here in the north, I rarely get out in daylight during the winter months, so my submissions are few - but when I do submit, I will have snow in those photos. I know some people don't LIKE photos with snow, but photos can be added and upvoted if the waypoint itself goes live.

• DenyDarko00-PGODenyDarko00-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

Well, the bathroom one no, but the rest are great.

Low quality reviews I would say.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first two are fine, and I really also love the swing set photo. The third is definitely a low quality photo not because of the snow, but because of its orientation. I gauge titled photos by whether they make me feel queasy and this one does. There is no reason for it to be tilted and I’d strongly recommend straightening it for what I hope would be a successful resubmission.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make the bridge look more like this and it would be a very nice, serviceable photo.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

No 1 - no.

No 2 - Fine, I've got a couple of Waypoints here locally I nominated with "melting snow" type shots and they were accepted.

No 3 - Wow, the holy grail of "ordinary looking, probably won't accept something as generic and boring as this footbridge" nominations - a footbridge with a trail marker. Immeadiate acceptance ! You just need to get the bridge itself to be a bit more horizontal as in the above post.