How would you rate a nomination that used the term "Wayspot" in the description?

AisforAndis-INGAisforAndis-ING Posts: 1,072 Ambassador

Today I reviewed the following nomination, which used the term "Wayspot" in the description. This is the first time I have ever seen someone do this.

While it is common knowledge to not use game-specific terms and phrases like "Pokestop", "Catch Pokemon", "Portal", or "XM" in your description, technically the word "Wayspot" is not a game-specific term. While the term "Wayspot" is very similar to game-specific terms and could easily be seen as falling under that same umbrella as a Niantic product term, the entire reason game-specific terms aren't allowed is because they aren't relevant to every other Niantic product, however the term "Wayspot" is equally relevant to all of Niantic's products. This presented a bit of a conundrum.

My first instinct was to reference the criteria guidelines to see the exact verbiage in relation to this, however game-specific terms are not actually mentioned in the criteria, at least not anywhere that I could find.

So my question to you all is, how would you rate this?

Comments