Why My Nomination is not being accepted if it is fulfilling all the criteria

I recently nominated a Wayspot and it is not approved I don't why niantic just not approve good wayspots it fulfills all the criteria either it is a public cafe.

Comments

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

niantic doesn't review your submissions. other people vote on your submissions, people like you and me. if you have a wayfarer account, you can review submissions that are in your review area. so whoever is reviewing your submissions (multiple people, we don't know how many), the majority of them have decided that it doesn't meet the criteria.

you can appeal your rejected submission and write a note to niantic explaining why you think it fits criteria and is a great spot to be social, explore, or exercise. then one of niantic's employees will take a look at it and can overturn the community's decision if they feel it should be a wayspot. they might agree with the community's decision, however. you can only make one appeal every 30 days, and it may take a while for niantic to get to your appeal and come to a decision.

so for cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and other businesses, you really need to give a good supporting argument that it not only fits criteria, but is an exceptional place. provide evidence. you need to put forth effort or else it will most likely get rejected. these places can be notoriously hard to get accepted. the wayfarer website does not explain it well, but that is what is required of these types of nominations. share any kind of awards the place has received, any events they might hold, unique dishes, etc.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will need to show us your nomination details. One thing we often find is that submitters greatly overestimate the eligibility of what they are nominating and it really isn't as good as they think it is.

But since you mention cafes, they are not inherently eligible simply by existing. You will need to provide reviewers with convincing evidence that they meet the eligibility criteria as a popular social hangout and that it stands out. Otherwise, it is just a generic business, which is a rejection criterion.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

You can share full details of your nomination here, so we can try and assist with any improvements.

Just because it is a cafe, doesn’t mean it’s eligible right away.

When you add a photo, it will need approval from Niantic, so don’t worry if it doesn’t show up right away.