Please! Help to improve this nomination!

Hi everyone, I got a rejected petition that I think it's a good place to have a POI. First I'll show you my petition, then why it got rejected and why I think it's a good POI.

MY PETITION

Description (translated): Square with gardens and garbage for dogs. Meeting point for Atlético de Madrid fans for the previews of the matches at the Wanda Metropolitano.

Complementary info: This park is a gathering point for people afternoon after afternoon, people with dogs, fans on game days, older people sitting on benches, parents and children playing ball on the lawn.

WHY IT'S REJECTED

The reasons it was rejected were: "Low quality photo" and "Other reasons of rejection" (Can't see right now the accurate label, but the generic reason). I can understand the photo chosen is maybe not the best, I tried to upload a wide image where everyone can see the park/square. i can not understand the other reason because it's very generic.

As seen in the first picture of this thread, the state right now of the petition is Appealed. But the reasons I gave are not best quality so it's going to get rejected again I think.

WHY IT'S A GOOD POI

So this was my very first POI petition and maybe the descriptions are not the best.

• - The location has no conflict with the S2 cells. The cell is empty (no POIs around).
  • - Perfectly visible in Google Street View.
  • - This park/square is crowded almost every day with people with dogs, families playing on the lawn, teenagers on the benches, etc. So that gives me the idea that it's a very nice place to be social.
  • - Although it does not have a unique name or an informative nameplate with that name, this place is very well known in the neighborhood because it's close to a football/soccer stadium (Atletico de Madrid stadium) so in match days, the square is even more crowded with fans that take this place as a meeting point.

This is all the information I have on my hands, now

Do you think it's a good POI?

How do you think the petition can get improve?

Comments

• OneFromTheSky-PGOOneFromTheSky-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

All of the above notwithstanding, it just looks like a regular high rise complex green area 🤷

I would probably reject it on that basis. Remember your not convincing us, you need to convince the voters.

Are there any signs or significant features you could elect as I feel you may have a hard time with this.

Your first photo is very generic and tbh I would agree low quality, is there a better angle encompassing the whole complex you could use?

Personally, I would get your second photo full of people showing the place in use during the day. This may help to sway voters in your favour.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, to begin, it’s a little late to ask for improvement suggestions if you’ve already hit the “appeal” button. You can’t edit your nomination, you can’t edit your supplementary reasoning you send to Niantic, and you can’t withdraw the appeal. So all the feedback here is going to land on the theoretical end of the spectrum, because you won’t be implementing any of it unless and until Niantic rejects your appeal and you have to compose a new nomination.

Your “low quality image” rejection is probably correct, and I think it’s somewhat likely that Niantic will reject your appeal on this basis. Your supplementary image kind of undercuts you here, because it’s much better than your primary, and really demonstrates the inadequacy of your first picture.

The “other rejection criteria” is a way of saying “does not meet criteria” because this nomination lacks an “anchor”: some manmade, tangible, definite object that represents the subject in summary, and secures the pin location. This can be a sign, a work of art, a fountain, a shelter, a plaque… something that says the HERE and WHY of the square. As it stands, it’s a somewhat nebulous, bricked sidewalk area with trees, lamps, and trash cans, and that’s a tough sell. It’s not 100% impossible, and it’s not 100% ineligible, but it runs against the grain of most reviewers’ understanding and expectations.

I disagree with the idea of taking a picture of the square full of people, you’ll get a rejection for that almost for sure, as “body part,” “person,” and “recognizable face” are all rejection reasons that, by default, encourage using images devoid of people. I think your case would be strengthened if you had a link to some media (newspaper, blog, sports page, etc) that wrote about the fans meeting there, or took the picture of the crowd for you. That said, even if you do everything right, without an anchor object for this subject, more rejections are more likely than not.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say your best chance of getting this through is to do what you've already done which is to appeal it to Niantic and wait for their response (note that this process will likely take months).

• SrFuepe-PGOSrFuepe-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thanks for your feedback. I've had a hard time reviewing this proposition. There's not a sign with the square name nor principal entry to it.

I agree my pic is very generic and the moment I sent the proposition, I realized the second pic was even better with a more general view of the square. I take your advice about the second pic full of people.

I don't trust the appeal because I did't prepare it properly, I just stated that I could change the first pic because I agree is not the best quality. But I didn't really give formal justifications about why it's a good POI (more than the additional info I gave in the proposition). Thanks!

Yep, a little late when I appealed before posting. My bad. So I take all your advices for a future proposition. The principal pic is easy to improve, I agree. Unfortunately (for me) there's no plaque, no principal entry, no art or fountain. In the centre of the square there're three big planters (maybe this is the anchor object(?), but I understand this is not a piece of art, or a central fountain or smtg like that).

I'll try to find a link referencing this square, thanks!