Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Fire hydrants?

What is the stance on regular run of the mill fire hydrants? I would think they fall under at least mass produced objects at least? Or do they end up underneath obstructing emergency services?

(I mean one's that are in use, not decorative or one's put up for historical purposes)

Answers

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Fire hydrants are simply not eligible, even if painted, because they are part of emergency services.

If there is a decorative historical one that you know of, that might pass as it's not used by emergency services and may stand on its own as unique architecture. You just need to demonstrate why it is significant and convey its notability for it to be considered eligible.

• Meenite-INGMeenite-ING Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

Thanks. Ended up in a discussion with another player who claims they are excellent POI and should be approved, because that's what their local community does and somehow that = good POI. Needed to be sure I wasn't completely wrong.