Historic Style U.S. Mail Drop off Receptacle. rejected

This is clearly a business district. You can clearly see a sidewalk, it is no where near a private persons house. If you look closely at the satellite imaging, you will will be able to see the distance between business property and the nomination , which is on the opposite side of the sidewalk. This area is full of older houses that have been re-purposed into retail businesses. There are other nominations in the main area of this town as well.

Comments

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

A postbox like this have nothing historic, it's a standard postbox that can be found everywhere around the US.

It's a manufactured standard object with nothing eligible. You have been lucky with your reviewers, when I reject that, usually it's with the reason fake nomination/abuse.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Postbox / mail box - Not eligible - 1* generic mass produced object. Meets no criteria.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Other Rejection Criteria" means reviewers don't think it's a great place to explore, exercise, or socialize. That's probably the main rejection reason here. In this case, I'm not sure you can fix that unless it's got some kind of story or history you can point reviewers to, apart from just being old.

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

As others mentioned, postboxes are not eligible, because of that you got "other rejection reasons" (that just means that it's not eligible and not meet any acceptance criteria) - maybe if it had this year you mentioned in description it might be considered historic, but without it it looks like normal postbox for everyone.

As for prp rejection reasons, this area looks like a area of single family houses, and someone just assumed it might be on ground of this house that's close to it (even if for us it looks like it's on public ground). But I would be more concerned for "other rejection reasons" as it means reviewers don't think it eligible (and we explained to you why it's not eligible too).

I just mention shortly something that I mentioned in your other thread that might help you in the future: When you make a support photo, always make it in a way that your POI is visible on it and photo also shows as much area near POI as it can. Your current photo looks like you turned around from this postbox and took photo of what you see - it's not helping reviewers too much as they can't see your nomination on it, and this photo is just like a random photo added to nomination (especially if your nomination is not visible on streetview too). So, always show your nomination together with area near it in support photo - supoort photo can be made in landscape mode too to show more area near it.

To sum up: This one don't really have much chance of being accepted so it's better to look for something else in this area to nominate. If you're not sure if something is eligible, it might be a good idea to ask on this forum before you nominate, or read wayfarer criteria on website again. I hope you find something eligible in this area that will be accepted as POI.

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

it's just a regular mailbox we have those in new york city as well it's nothing special

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,129 Ambassador

Postboxes are only eligible in the UK and then only sometimes depending on various factors.

!⃝ 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗺 𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗱