Mobile library bus stops - opinions?

ForzaComo-INGForzaComo-ING Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Criteria Clarifications

Just wanted to hear what people think about bus stops of mobile libraries.

Mobile libraries as moving vehicles are naturally not eligible, but how about the stops of these buses (usually they are buses, I think)?

So in Finland for example we may have several bus stops dedicated for the mobile libraries in both cities and in countryside. The bus pays a ~30 min visit roughly 1-4 times per month.

The bus stops have some kind of a sign usually with timetables, like these examples:

I think they are eligible to be nominated (or are they?) but how should these be reviewed?

They hold some cultural values (nod to education) but if we have like 100 of these in a city, and the bus visits the place once in two weeks, is that enough to consider this "a great place to explore"?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

Post edited by ForzaComo-ING on

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id think of it like this

Imagine it was a name plaque for a sculpture but the sculpture wasn't there, instead its been moved to another identical name plaque somewhere else in the city.

Without the actual sculpture being present theres nothing of interest there to be a candidate just a name plaque.

The sculpture itself wouldnt be a candidate due to its constant moving location.

Now replace sculpture with mobile library and name plaque with bus stop.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mobile libraries were used as an example of a temporary object.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's an interesting question, but I think the analyses by @PkmnTrainerJ-ING and @Theisman-ING are where I'd come down as well.