Any ideas on how to improve this submission.

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did we change our mind?

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

maybe switch the photos around so that the memorial part will be the main focus of the photo

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Memorial benches need to be for notable people in order to pass. The best bet is to provide links to news articles about how this person is notable within the community in your supporting info.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

1* - does not meet criteria

Gonna need a subject that’s not a memorial bench.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

The criteria is Place to Explore, Place to Gather, or Place to Exercise.

A memorial bench doesn't meet any of these 3 without evidence/explanation. Even with it... its hard to meet those 3.

The most common acceptance for a memorial bench would be if you could show that the person is famous/important to the area. That would make the bench explore worthy and make it qualify because of the person's fame.

You can ... sometimes... with difficulty.... get a memorial bench to be accepted if its part of a trail structure where you make the case that it either explores gathering down the trail like a trail marker does OR as a place to gather ala a rest stop along the trail. It won't always work... but can.

Another rare sometimes... with difficulty... is if you tie the bench to some scenic view/place. Where it's serving as an anchor for exploring some great view.

I could also imagine that if a bench was hand-crafted and very unique/artsy you might be able to get it through on its artistic merits but while I can envision this maybe working, I havent ever seen one in reviewing that went this route. And it wouldn't apply to this bench.