Park rejected?

This was denied because of Natural feature and poor photo. How can I improve it? There is no sign for me to take a picture of.

Comments

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'll leave that for others to debate, but do you think your title is both "detailed and unique"?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing in your image that is identifiable as a park. Just because there is a grass lawn and some trees doesn't mean the location is a park. Please note that being identifiable is a requirement for any Wayspot.

• SrFuepe-PGOSrFuepe-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Is there someting reconocible in the park? A plaque? A square? A fountain?

Has the park an official name?

From the photo someone can think this is just a garden, not a real POI.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

That just looks like a field. It needs the below;

Must be a permanent physical, tangible, and identifiable place or object, or object that placemarks an area

according to acceptance criteria. There’s no marker to confirm that this is a park. So rejection is correct.

• OGMagus-INGOGMagus-ING Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

From a recent AMA:

"Eligibility of parks with no traditional physical markers - If there is a documented park but the park had none of the normal Wayspot objects would this park still be eligible? 

Alright, so yes, they’re still eligible but just make sure you take a photo of the park where: the photo makes the park identifiable to someone who has not been there before. Try capturing enough of the scene so that as someone is walking towards the destination, it’s easy to spot"

I'm not from the area, and it looks like a generic grass field to me.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn’t going to get approved without an anchor, no matter what the AMA might lead one to believe. You need a solid, unmoving, manmade object to justify the presence of your pin.

Also, spelling matters.

• Drackmond71-PGODrackmond71-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your input. I am new to this and we have so few waypoints in this area I am just trying to help fix that.

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

if there is a sign for the park it will better help you get it approved. this photo just shows a bad picture of grass so thats why it was rejected.

Post edited by dman41689-PGO on