What do you think about the nomination close to fire hydrant.

@NianticGiffard

something near or literally right next to fire hydrant.

Are these nominations rejected due to "Obstructs emergency services"?

(The images are just example and do not care about watermarks)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they are "temporary gafitti / tags" - not eligible.

• Lonlee8888-PGOLonlee8888-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Did you read title???

I don't care if these wall arts themselves are rejected or accepted.

In my question, something near or literally right next to fire hydrant is "Obstructs emergency services"

These wall arts are just example.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were to review either of these I would not consider the placement of the fire hydrant to have any bearing on my decision as the things nominated are not eligible, so an immeadiate 1*. No need to look further.

If your question is "can I nominate a hydrant" then my reply would be "no".

If your question is "how close can my nomination be to a fire hydrant?", Niantic seem to allow at least some Waypoint appeals for things next to hydrants to be accepted. As wil a lot of things, I think this is a "use your judgement, but be realistic when reviewing." I think it depends on the individual nomination, you can't generalise.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

For pretends sake, if the grafitti was actually an artistic wall mural.

I wouldn't let a fire hydrant stop me from voting for it. Parking in front of it would be illegal in America. But other stops are in places you cant park in front of.

Yes, in theory there could be a fire and a bunch of players could be in front playing but by same theory any entrance to any bowling alley, etc could be obstructed as paramedics run inside.

A firestation/hospital = in use all time and makes sense as dont obstruct... a singular fire hydrant not so much