Any feedback appreciated for this nomination - golf course starter's hut

Location is at 33.92399803105169, -94.41267024783191 - there's a couple photospheres nearby that should help orient you.

Nomination is for the local golf course starter's hut. The location would not interfere with those playing golf.

It was rejected with 'Other Rejection Criteria' so am hoping to figure out how to improve this.

Answers

• Maxyme99-PGOMaxyme99-PGO Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi!

A building like that doesn't seem to be eligible on it's own, because of that you got "other rejection criteria" that means "it's not eligible nomination". The golf course is eligible, you can use this building as an anchor for nominating golf course, but as separate wayspot it's not really that eligible (especially if golf course already has a wayspot).

If you want to nominate golf course and use it as anchor, you must change your title and description to show you're nominating it as golf course anchor.

But for golf course I think trying using map of whole golf course as an anchor for it (it's visible on one of your photosphere) might be better idea, as it clearly shows it's a golf course part, on this building it's not really visible that it's part of golf course (maybe with closer photosphere that shows something that say it's a part of golf course it might be more obvious, but with what I see on photospheres and photos, it's not).

If you really want to nominate the building itself (as maybe some historical building, maybe it's some kind of resting area that might be eligible etc.), you must explain why it's special and eligible.

Maybe something visible on building will be interesting enough to get it accepted (I see some things on your photos that looks like plaques that might be eligible - what they say?).

I would also made a photosphere much closer to the building, so people can read some things that are visible on wall of it. Maybe with this it would be accepted, but it definetly would have bigger chance of it.

But I would still reccomend to use golf course map as an anchor for it (if it's not already a POI), it will be easier to get it accepted for sure. Good luck!

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic instructions for Golf Courses said "Clubhouse ok - holes etc no". I can't see why this would be eligible.

• HeavenlyNostril-PGOHeavenlyNostril-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭

Yes I meant to make this nomination about the golf course and not the hut itself, so I will look to change the title and description. I can also add a new photosphere closer to the hut.

If I use the course map (the engraved wood) as the anchor then I was concerned reviewers may think the map is too close to the tee box and may interfere. Here's the view from a photosphere taken from #1 tee box. The map is technically outside the course but thought it risky to anchor it that close.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golf course tee maps are not eligible. Just nominate the Golf Club Clubhouse, those are acceptable.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

The course map, if in an area off of the field of play, would be just fine as a representation of the course.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Just my thoughts:

Ideally, I think I'd most like to see a sign nominated as the proxy for the golf course. That seems like the most obvious option to me. A course map could work instead, though.

I would tend not to want to use the clubhouse as the proxy for the course as some clubhouses may be eligible on their own, either as social gathering spots or in some cases as places to explore (for instance, for historical or architectural value). I don't mean to imply, though, that all (or even most) clubhouses meet that standard apart from the golf course.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could try nominating that as a picnic area / meetup place, explaining that it is social (1 of the 3 criteria).

It's where teams gather to wait for their tee time tho, not for general public like a park. So maybe even as a picnic area, it's part of the course.