Rejected for Location Inappropriate?

I do understand that the orientation of the wayspot photo is crooked. So that's why people rejected it. However, I don't see how this location could be inappropriate. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since this location is so heavily aimed at young children, reviewers may have thought it is not an appropriate place for a wayspot. They could have better conveyed this with the "K-12 school" rejection reason (this applies not only to schools but also day cares, Boy Scout huts, etc)

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

they probably picked that because they felt it was a good place for a wayspot. its a chain business it wouldn't get approved anyway

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic chain restarant - not eligible.

• SparkyWingz-PGOSparkyWingz-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

So, if a location is aimed at young children, even though not on school grounds would be considered as a K12 right? Should I prove otherwise that adults also go there? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you for the comments everyone.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe K-12 is really a correct rejection here, as there is nothing stopping adults from going to a Chuck E. Cheese's. However, since it is a large chain restaurant, I think it will be rejected regardless of any changes you make to the submission (I would reject it).

• Limteresting-PGOLimteresting-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2022

I think Chuck-E-Cheese's is known well enough as a place marketed towards children, even though people of all ages do go there. It's going to be tough to get this through on that alone (falls under a generic, well-known restaurant chain) before even getting towards the children-oriented nature of the place.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a little unclear if K12 only applies to educational facilities, but many reviewers will consider anything catering to children as such so it's more difficult.

I personally only apply it to educational submissions since playgrounds are 100% eligible. On the other hand, I have seen convincing arguments that playgrounds are okay because parents are usually there with their children (in the US, at least), but other K12 the kids are left with other adults. Not really a clear answer, but some things to consider when you're trying to get a submission passed.

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

School (K-12)

Use for nominations that are on the grounds of a primary, secondary, or high school. This also includes locations that may be a daycare or childcare center.

We do have a little information beyond educational, but it is a bit ambiguous regarding things like Scout Huts and church youth group buildings. In all these cases, there are one or two supervising adults (equivalent of a teacher) but predominantly children under 18.

For the record, I personally wouldn't reject Chuck E Cheese's with a K-12 (or, by extension, location inappropriate) rejection, but I was just saying that may have been the thought process of one or more reviewers (especially since we believe it only takes one reviewer giving a certain reason for the reason to appear on the rejection email/contribution page.)

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Location Inappropriate” is often used to mean reviewers don’t think it’s a good place to play an AR video game. In this case, I disagree, as this is definitely a recreational spot for families.

That said, CEC is a massive chain business and totally ineligible. If CEC wants Pokestops, they can sponsor them.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

"Location Inappropriate" is supposed to used to locations that are not suitable for children, like liquor stores, **** clubs, and **** ranges. However some reviewers incorrectly used for things that they simply think are not good candidates.

For this submission "Location Inappropriate" does not apply, however the candidate simply is not eligible and should have been rejected under "Other Rejection Criteria."