Community Gardens with Nature Signs

Howdy, Adventurers

There is a local Community Garden dedicated to desert landscaping and water conservation ("Xeriscape"), home to over 65+ desert plants native to the American Southwest with nature signs displaying their scientific names and respective entry numbers within the garden catalog. I wanted to add a few of these, but I've already had one rejected as a 'Natural Feature'. I realize the Garden itself may be eligible, but not the individual plant entries, which is why I wanted to check in to ask if there were any improvements I could make to them before I took them out of the 'On Hold' status. (Stoked they added that feature, btw).

(Eligibility Criteria: https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/21-wayfarer/faq/2770-eligibility-criteria/?s=wayspot-eligibility)

(Acceptance Criteria: https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/21-wayfarer/faq/2771-acceptance-criteria/?s=wayspot-eligibility)

Suggestions appreciated, negativity will be ignored

Thank you

Comments

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

NB4 everyone else:

"@" is not ineligible, but surely you've seen the countless feedback on your other threads of people suggesting you not use it? Since you're looking for feedback on what to improve, that's one place to start. Why give reviewers a reason to (albeit incorrectly) reject?

I more or less like what you have shown. Barring anything hidden, I'd probably accept these. Supporting information should, well, support your candidates.

Welcome to West Valley Xeriscape Garden

Description: describe in your own words

I believe copying from a plaque is fine, but the text really should be in your own words. Especially how it's written now I think you're going to get hit with 3rd party text rejection. Something as simple as this would suffice: "Metal placard describing a xeriscape garden. Landscaping is demonstrated on how to manage land areas susceptible to drought."

Geometric table:

Is that a tile mosaic on the table? I can't tell from the screenshot. If it is, I'd mention that - reviewers tend to like those.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Natural feature hasn't been a rejection criteria for a while now. Don't know why they've never updated the rejection drop down menu, but it's not on the Rejection Criteria page. Reviewers need to stop using it.

Whether a placard with just the tree identification on it is "a great place to explore" is highly subjective. I will say I've seen a bunch that have passed where I am. I suspect it depends a lot on local reviewer tastes.