"null" in description debate.

I've come across a few waypoint submits where the submitter put the word "null" in the description. The rest of the submit checks out ( good photo, title accurate, location accurate).

Question: In the case of "null" in description how should it be rated? Does it matter? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,123 Ambassador

The official wording is that “Description is not required” but I think that’s only due to there being some ancient Ingress nominations still in the queue, where you did not need to add in a description.

However now it is required when nominating, so I would probably mark 1* for that section as it doesn’t help to explain what the Wayspot is.

If it is an older Ingress nomination, there will be no supporting photo.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they put that to get thru the nomination on-site, intending to edit it from home - then forgot. Maybe they're blessed beyond comprehension, and nominations move quickly there.

Anyway, "null" isn't obscene, or insulting to a religious or ethnic group, or any of the things I give 1* overall. I'd probably give "Name/Description category 3* for it, if the title is OK.

Also, I wish reviewing had an option, "Drop this description", like edits do.