Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Places with temporary banner

Since the beginning of partial lockdown/PSBB my country, many public places are closed and residential complex had limited access only for the people who live there. As such, banners related to COVID-19 like "no entry for outsiders", how to prevent COVID-19, suggestion to stay at home, and more were put on the entrance gate of those residential complex. Of course the banners are temporary, they would be removed after the pandemic is over. However, many submitters recently nominate entrance gates of residential complex, with the banner are still hanged there, just like this one.

Would any nomination with temporary banner like this, acceptable?

P.S. I know if the photo can be edited later, but I doubt either the submitter or anyone passed by it will ever request that.

Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless these entrance gates are historically significant or well known for their architecture, they aren't eligible as Wayspots to begin with. Your example looks like an ordinary gateway that wouldn't meet the criteria. The mural on the inside, however, would be eligible.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Banners like that would just be considered temporary, especially with the COVID-19 image on it. A sign should be fixed to the structure, not simply hung up or stuck on it.

• SoulKing95-PGOSoulKing95-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

The mural also has temporary banner hanging. The confusing part is should we accept this kind of submission where eligible object contain temporary banner, or should we reject and resubmit after the temp banner removed.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

TheFarix was suggesting to submit the mural instead, as that would be eligible and likely accepted since it appears to be a permanent artwork.

The banner itself would not be eligible as it is temporary advertising.

If you are asking about the temporary banner being seen as part of the mural nomination, then no, it shouldn't affect the nomination of the mural as that is the subject of the nomination, not the banner.

• SoulKing95-PGOSoulKing95-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Yes I'm asking the last part where the irrelevant banner blocking some part of the mural or any eligible object. Not necessary full block, but they captured on main photo.

Personally I would likely to reject the nomination because of the banner, in similar way we to reject nomination if there are any license plate / vehicle / person / other unnecessary object that could be avoided (then resubmit if the temporary object has been removed).

Edit: My bad on not reading your last statement "it shouldn't affect the nomination". I'll take it as: if the submitter managed to get a good photo (e.g. retake the photo if 1 person or animal captured, because it can be prevented) it is OK to accept. And if most of the nomination blocked by another object = photo not that relevant to the nomination = is OK to reject. Because the submitter should know that the temporary banner/object could be removed.

In my case, I put extra effort to make sure I got a good photo of the nomination by moving the obstructing object such as below. Asked the waiter if I can move the table and chairs while the place is almost empty or near closing hours, took the photos, and finally return the table back in place.

Post edited by SoulKing95-PGO on