Very old submissions

So I have some submissions that are over a year old. Two say in queue and the other been in voting for what feels like forever. One of these has even become a pokestop already probably from some other person.

I’ve even used my queue upgrade to try to get it some attention and nothing.

can anything be done? Can I delete them and start over?

Comments

• Melurra-PGOMelurra-PGO Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can withdraw the ones that are in queue, but not in voting. Some people have nominations that have been in voting for over two years, unfortunately.

• CowsCrazy14-PGOCowsCrazy14-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

2 years? How does that happen. Someone at the source needs to look at this and fix it. I’ve been in a small town with my gf for the summer and I’ve submitted a lot recent and some are getting placed in the game and some just sit in the queue ignored. So worried they will end up like some I’ve done in years past.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

Do you live close to a large city or several large towns that have a lot of wayspots? If you do , that is the underlying reason that it is taking awhile.

It’s odd that the one upgraded hasn’t been resolved. I live in an area with in excess of 2 years to resolve submissions. However if I upgrade one then I get a result in a few days.

This is not the only post I have seen where although an upgrade has been made it doesn’t appear to be effective. Perhaps make a post in the report a bug section.

It might also be worth posting the nominations in the nomination improvement section. This will allow some feedback as anything that might help your nomination especially if you are considering withdrawal and resubmission.

You can withdraw a nomination at in queue status but unfortunately not one at in voting status.

• mortuus-INGmortuus-ING Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

submissions that are over 3 months waiting should go wider so that it can actually be reviewed by other agents, i mean u shouldnt be punished because u live somewhere rural and not many agents.. then your submissions can take years for a final result.. pointless system then

i have same problem but i dont live in a forest somewhere , and still my last upgraded submission is half year old waiting in que now go figure...

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

Really depends where you live, I lived in a small town of 25k and it took at max 1 month to reach a conclusion to all the process, the city was not só far from the state capital so I thing we got a lot of reviewers from that área.

Now I moved back to my hometown that have 1,5M people and it's a state capital in the neighboring state. And the fastest I get is 2 months in a handful of slam dunks. The rest is 6 months at best. I have stuff in que since late November it sucks. What is still in queue I can't upgrade because non locals are not approving because reasons.

yes same problem like for me but i live in city with 350k population or so.. clearly broken system if majority has quit review stuff will take ages to get a yes or no.. hardly a motivation be active to get upgrade today since it doesnt help anyways....

• ThePipsis-PGOThePipsis-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have several noninations: 2 from 2020, 1 from 2021 and 1 from this summer. these seem to be stuck in there forever. so I feel that the system is broken and I cannot do anything about it.

• I'm in New York City and the first items I submitted in 2020 are still in queue. Not many people are coming here to judge submissions. It's not a fun process.

u would think new york city and within a radius of a few hundreds miles there are ppl that vote otherwise thats just sad...

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is there are also way more submitters there. Niantic prioritizes areas with lower population density somehow (maybe by requiring fewer accepts or a lower total score to pass out of voting?), so high population areas, or areas adjacent to them, almost always have wait times on the order of months vs days or weeks for less populated areas.

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live near London and my submissions in that cell take around the same time (except an odd one here and there that goes in to voting after weeks) but if I submit something 5 miles away which falls in a different cell, they take days to a couple of weeks to go through.

Cells with large towns in them often take ages for submissions to go through