Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Nominations from way too far away

I keep getting nominations from the usa while i am from belgium not just getting a few of them just 1 after another out of the 40 submissions i did review like 35 of them were from the usa

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you set your home and bonus locations correctly, and have you recently been to the USA?

• EternalMayhem-INGEternalMayhem-ING Posts: 93 ✭✭

Both my home and bonus locations are like 20km's from here and haven't left the country in years :/

• ShelleyDV-PGOShelleyDV-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have this issue. I am in the UK and my 2 points are within 15 miles of each other, but I get nominations from all over the country, as well as France which I can’t even read! Now run out is skips for French ones too.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's normal. Some of the UK review cells overlap with Northern France. So people in Northern France will get submissions from the South of the UK to review as well.

You should use Google translate to review them rather than skipping them. It does a pretty good job of translating French to English. It might take a few seconds longer to copy and paste the text into another tab that has translate open, but it's not a major inconvenience.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you ever played in the USA then your review location may have gotten stuck there. This mostly happens if you played ingress somewhere years ago and then switched to pogo and have not opened your ingress account again. Ingress "recent" activity seems to trump pogo activity, so to fix this open ingress (or create an account if you don't have one) and hack a portal in your current location. This should refresh your wayfarer review location within a few minutes. DO NOT delete your ingress account since Niantic has an issue with their system and an voluntary account deletion looks the same as being permanently banned in a game. Feel free to delete the app though if you don't want to play. Local review areas are very large and cover about 200+ km so you will still see things far away but it should be limited to your current country/region. Setting your review areas close together does nothing to increase your chances of voting on local things but does limit the number of reviews you can see. If you ever run out of reviews ask to change your home and bonus area since you misunderstood what they meant.