Hazardous Wayspot

Title of the Wayspot: Research Park Gazebo

City: Huntsville, Alabama

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information: First of all, this isn't the "Research Park Gazebo", this is the Colsa Adavanced Research Center Gazebo. I know because I worked in this facility for 10+ years. It is a gated, fenced, secure MDA testing facility. Employees used this gazebo exclusively for smoking when it rains. We literally called it "the smoking gazebo". Notice you can't even see it in the attached photo, that's as close as Google maps will let me get, which means it could not have been vetted correctly on Wayfarer to start with, but you can clearly see the fence. This location is only "a gathering place" for ARC employees, and only "of interest" to someone interested in hanging around outside a government facility with a cell phone, which is a great way to get yourself in trouble. At best this stop is exploitive, at worst it is dangerous. I strongly suspect it was placed by employees to have a convenient stop at work. If the idea here is to let workers at this location have their own Pokestop, great, but if the expectation is that the greater player population have any interactivity with this stop beyond viewing it at a distance through a fence, it needs to be removed.

Tagged:

Comments