Local Sports Centre rejected

Good day everyone. Could anyone please assist in clarifying why this nomination would be rejected under "Location" and "Location Criteria"?

I have been approached by some felow parents to see if I knew a way to get more pokestops in the area as their kids can hardly play the game since they cant collect many resources (primairly revives) and their kids told them I picked up the game again a few monhts ago.

Together we are checking for safe locations so we could potentialy create several walking routes and have checked the criteria over and over and have not been able to find many locations other than pedestrian bridges and this renovated farm which has been turned into a local gym.

We are currently scraching our heads on why this one would have been rejected, as we were all under the assumption this would be a most ideal place for nomination.

I see, as example, a lot of bike trail markers getting through which are along roadsides where you would have to stop on the road, or use your phone while riding a bike (not ideal to use a phone while participating in traffic). I could understand it if these would get rejected due to location or location criteria.

Also big name sportclubs (Basic Fit), smaller boxing clubs and such, and smaller shops got approved more towards the center of the town. We can't put the pieces together on how to proceed with future nominations, especially as we have brainstormed several times about this one and were all exited and positive about this one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple of different "Location" rejection reasons, could you be more specific which one it was? Also, were there any other rejection reasons at all? Even "Other Rejection Criteria"?

None of the location rejections seem appropriate to me, so I'm wondering if it reviewers misunderstood their meaning (e.g. sometimes they use "location inappropriate" when they really mean "other rejection criteria"). I also wouldn't use "other rejection criteria" for this one personally, but it would at least help understand why the reviewers rejected it.

Can we see your full submission? Where was the pin located? Perhaps they chose to reject it instead of just moving the pin. That would be one of the "mismatched location" rejections.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Coordinates of the nomination and a screensh*t of the location of the pin where it was nominated would help, as would the exact rejection criteria that show up in Wayfarer.

• Elladamri-PGOElladamri-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi all, thanks so far for the replies. Below you can find the location marker, it was placed at the front entrance as this seemed the most obvious spot.

Criteriawise, it's rather strange that I can't find the rejection reasoning anymore after I first read it and went to the criteria section to check out what it could be. Could this have happend because I submitted appeal? It was only after I did this that I realised there was these forums which I checked a lot to find out peoples opinions regarding some of the reviews I have done so far.

I have tried to swap to desktopview on my phone (at a campsite atm) but I can't find the exact rejection criteria anymore. All I have can do now is trust my memory and from what I recall it was Location based.

Coordinates aprox 51,8242199, 4,3351720

Other information that has reached me in the meantime is that a group of local wayfarers tend to reject a lot of stuff on the outskirts of the town, but I am unsure how trustworthy this "info" is as it would strike me as odd.

Is there any way to find the rejection reasoning again, because I would love to learn more.

The only location-related issue I can see is that the entrance is blurred out in one particular view (screenshot attached below). But the rest of the Street Views and the satellite view are perfectly fine and support the location you posted. It's certainly possible that some reviewers saw this blurred photo as the default Street View and incorrectly rejected the submission for some location-related reason without putting in any more effort, unfortunately.

It may also be that many reviewers simply don't understand that a gym can be an acceptable nomination. That might get you an (incorrect) rejection under the "location inappropriate" reason as @JillJilyJabadoo-PGO mentioned.

I think this has a good chance on appeal, though you may have to wait several months for the results, unfortunately.

Forgot to attach the screenshot in the last post (and don't want to send my previous post into moderation by editing it).

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Location looks fine to me. It should pass on appeal. I can see no clear reason why it was rejected.

• Elladamri-PGOElladamri-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks for the feedback all. Yes, I had noticed the blurred angle as well before I nominated it but I did scroll left/right a bit to see if it was on all views. I might be a bit to fanatic when judging other peoples nomination (or others might be a bit to lazy 😉).

If there is a good chance this might pass on appeal then I am ok if we have to wait some time before it could pass, not in a rush.

Now that I think about translations from English to Dutch it could have been the "inapropriate location" criteria indeed as one of the reasons. Would make sence if people dont know actual gyms can be nominated.

Thanks for the feedback, well appreciated!