Double nomination of the same spot

pepijn77777-PGOpepijn77777-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited July 30 in Criteria Clarifications

I just got two reviews about the same spot, it seems to be submitted twice and not a glitch since the description is slightly different.

I accepted the first one and then immediately my next review was the duplicate. Do I reject the second one, report it for abuse (seems like a mistake, not malicious tho), or just judge it like normal?

I don't know if everyone reviewing these will see both and if they will be in the same order, but it seems likely it will enter the database twice since they are both in voting at the same time?

Edit: I think I know what happend, they submitted the first with a license plate visible in the suplementary info and then submitted a new one where they greyed out the license plate. No plates visible on the photo for the waypoint anyway but maybe they were afraid of a rejection for that.

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should review it as a new nomination.

If it had been accepted then it should show up in the duplicates list, otherwise it means that it has been rejected because in theory Niantic prevents that two nominations that are too close are in voting at the same time.

• pepijn77777-PGOpepijn77777-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 30

But they are in voting at the same time. I got them back to back, and the location is exactly the same.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that it is not yet a duplicate. If half the reviewers got the one first and marked the second as duplicate, then the other half of the reviewers got them in the opposite order, they could both be rejected as duplicates and neither pass.

Submitter should have deleted the first one, but I'd pass both rather than risk neither passing. If the duplication causes a problem, one can be deleted after they're in the database.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although you got the 2 one after the other they might have been submitted weeks apart.

The first might have gone into voting when they realised it might be worth blurring the number plates. If the first was already in voting they would not be able to withdraw it.