Playground rejected

A playground in at Founder's Park was rejected due to inaccurate title description or offensive.

The title "Founder's Park Playground"

Help this make sense. No option to appeal and this follows all of niantic community guidelines.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

What was the rest of your nomination? Can you share the full details?

As for Appeal, you only get one a month so depends if you used your previous one less than 30 days ago.

• LordPopeye21-PGOLordPopeye21-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Here is the full Title, Description, and Supplemental Information I provided to the nomination. I listed the rejection criteria that was provided as well. I cannot comprehend what is inaccurate or offensive about this nomination. I don't have an option to appeal either, I have appealed once but that was in 2021 and the decision has still not been made.

Title

Founder's Park Playground

Description

Founder's Park Playground set

Supplemental Information

Playground set at Founders Park where children can come and play

Adding the rejection criteria listed:

Rejection Criteria

Title or description is inaccurate or offensive

• Farbsturm-PGOFarbsturm-PGO Posts: 22 ✭✭

It would be really helpful if you could share all the details. I mean just copy paste your full nomination, including pictures, etc. Also i personally think your Supplemental Informations are a bit useless, nothing in there can convince any reviewer to accept the Wayspot, it is just filled with informations everyone knows. I suggest you use it to point out why it should be a Wayspot, provide bonus inofrmation like Websites or articles about what you are nominating and to confirm that the location is correct.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Websites or articles about a playground?

There must be fancy playgrounds around you if they appear in the newspapers.

Don't understand how it can be considered useless, Parks and Playgrounds meet Niantic Criteria because it is a place where people meet and enjoy the outdoors. Here is the full details you asked for.

Founder's Park Playground

Bridgeview IL

NOT ACCEPTED

UPGRADED

2022-07-11

Rejection Criteria

Title or description is inaccurate or offensive

Description

Founder's Park Playground set

7840 W 81st St, Bridgeview, IL 60455, USA

Supplemental Information

Playground set at Founders Park where children can come and play

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the full address I can see in Ingress that the playground is already a wayspot. There is a bug where sometimes "duplicate" rejections end-up with inaccurate rejection reasons. This was likely rejected by most reviewers as a duplicate of "Ant Park S", which looks to be one of the pieces of equipment on the playground.

thank you for looking at it through Ingress. I can understand if they listed that as part of the reason, but rejection was due to title/description. There are many poke stops in my area that will feature the playground set and then various other playground 'furniture' as pokestops as well.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Looking at your previous threads, you’ve submitted garbage anyways, so don’t see how it’s petty to reject **** nominations.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are wayspots for the playground plus individual playground equipment, those for the equipment were mistakenly approved by reviewers. I actually see that a lot in gifts I get from "friends" in northern Europe, so I suspect there are some areas where Niantic's stance is not well known. They would most likely be removed from the game if they were ever reported to Niantic.

As for "title and description", like I explained before, there is a problem in Niantic's code that reports a random reason instead of "duplicate" when the duplicate votes are mixed. (E.g. a small majority of reviewers said duplicate but many others didn't.) It was primarily rejected for "duplicate", but the bug shows only "title".