Request for an appeal to be looked at again.

29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, we can use the forums to request an appeal be looked at again.

This nomination is an indoor water feature. Water features meet criteria despite what my appeal answer says. I do recognize that it's not a great picture but I looked at it from every angle and none of the pictures looked great. The water flows on both sides of this glass panel.

@NianticGiffard

Comments

• No1ofConseqence-PGONo1ofConseqence-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Without any other information there's nothing in that nomination that says it isn't a private residence. However, I acknowledge there's little to claim it is. And that glass panel looks like a mirror. That is, what is showing through the mirror is, in fact, on the same side of the 'glass' as you.

I would certainly hope your supporting photo gave a better showing of how it is not a private residence.

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I acknowledge that it's not a good picture. Trust me I did the best I could. But it is a water panel wall. @Hosette-ING any tips on how to take a better picture of a water wall with a glass see through panel? Also, this nomination is inside a commercial building which is clear in the original nomination.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

This looks like it was taken from inside a shower. Granted, it’s a large shower with an office right outside the door…

Again, I know the picture isn't good. How do you take a picture of a water feature with water flowing on both sides of a glass panel? Anyway, the picture doesn't negate the fact that it's a water feature.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could make a YouTube video and link in the supporting info. I'm not sure how many reviewers would get that far, but it would at least show it's water if they did. Personally, I think it's already clear it's water, unless the reviewers don't trust your title for some reason. In the photo you can see where it flows down into the gravel.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but it also doesn’t convey that it’s a water feature, so the text needs to do some heavy lifting here.

The title is the most generic thing about this nomination. It says nothing about where this is or why it’s interesting. It could apply to a countertop fountain from IKEA that my wife placed in the kitchen as much as to this subject. Doll it up a little: “(business name) Water Window” - to specify a singular location (inside the specific business, which should be a verifiable location on the map, and proactively negate questions of PRP) and give a little more explanation to what the reviewer is seeing.

”Water flows down both sides of this internal window in (business name) office, bringing light and a gentle splash of nature into the workplace.”

But yeah, you’ve got your work cut out for you if that’s the best image available.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@29andCounting-PGO That is a difficult image to do well with a phone camera.

The artist/photography nerd in me wants to control the shutter speed so that I can get just the right amount of motion blur in the water but most phone cameras don't let you have that much control. If yours does then play around with it to see if you can get more water movement/blur.

Another issue is the transparency of the window in the photograph. I'm guessing that you don't have a way to control what's in the room behind it, but if you do then blacking out the screen and turning down/off the lights in the room will also make this a better photo. If you can't do this then you might be able to add lighting to the outside of the window-- get a friend with a decent flashlight to stand to the side of the window at an angle, probably from a distance, to add more reflections to the moving water.

It's too bad this is so far away from me because it would be fun to play with it. I may be flying into Tampa for a few days this fall for my mother's birthday. If I do I'll let you know. If nothing else I could bring one of my dSLRs down.

Thanks for the great advice

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

What kind of description and supporting text/photo did you use? I had similar approved but I really hammered the function in the description and called it an "infinity fountain" rather than "water feature."