Kinsman Family Monument is on prp on original family estate

Title of the Wayspot: Kinsman Family Monument

171 Conservation School Road; Bryant Pond, ME 02419

City: Woodstock, ME; Bryant Pond, ME

Screenshot of the rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional Information:

The Kinsman Family Monument is on private residential property [prp]. It is on the property originally developed by Dr. Kinsman for himself and his family also known as Birchmere. See screenshots of news article written by the local historian from the historical society. Link to story below.

This prp with 5 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms was sold as recently as 2018 as a private residential property. See Screenshot from Real estate listing.

Additionally, there are two ways to get to this private residence. One way is by boat across the pond. The only way by land goes through the 4-H club (k-12) sponsored by the University of Maine.

When I went there it was made very clear that they do not want random strangers driving through their camp past the campers cabins, where they hang out and sleep, to play a game. I spoke directly with the Co-director Mary Proulx.

POC: University of Maine 4-H Camp and Learning Center at Bryant Pond.

(207) 665-2068

Ask for Scott or Brad and they can get a message to Mary to get back to you.

Also, there is a trail that goes near the monument but, that does not change the fact that the monument itself is on private residential property.

Link to news paper article about the history of the estate:

Comments