Abuse/Fake Waypoint Cluster

icygloomkitten-PGOicygloomkitten-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in General Discussion

There is a cluster of fake waypoints that needs to be reviewed. I have seen more fake nominations in this same area while reviewing. I have even reviewed some of these, rejecting them as abuse, but they still made it through. I just reviewed another one, which is what pushed me to report these. I recommend checking all that were submitted by this particular user, as there are probably more in voting/in queue.

@NianticGiffard @NianticOtoStar

1. Beetlejuice Mural: 40.5908920, -83.1391940

This picture was taken from the internet. The actual mural is in Orlando Florida:

2. Rose Ave Community Center Playground: 40.5911340, -83.1383880

There is no Rose Ave Community Center. The picture used for this is from the internet, and is actually in Plano Texas:

3. Rose Ave Community Center Basketball Court: 40.5918130, -83.1388970

Again, Rose Ave Community Center does not exist. The picture was taken from the internet, and is actually in Dallas, Texas. This building is actually an alternative jail facility. Here is an article about the alternative jail facility. You can clearly see that the picture from this article matches the satellite view of the building in this wayspot: https://www.marionstar.com/story/news/2019/12/08/marion-county-open-alternative-jail-facility/2622397001/

4. Center Street Community Garden: 40.5923430, -83.1399070

This does not exist. The picture is taken from online, and it is actually in Chicago.

5. Center Street Community Garden Little Free Library: 40.5921660, -83.1397920

Again, this does not exist. There is no Community Garden. The image was taken from the internet, and the little library is actually in Tacoma Park, Md.

6. Edit: Just came across another one while reviewing. The mayor listed isn't even the mayor of Marion, Ohio, he is the mayor of Marion, Indiana. I marked as abuse, but I have marked others as well and they still made it through.

Post edited by icygloomkitten-PGO on
Tagged:

Comments

• Another that came up for review:

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,495 admin

Hey @icygloomkitten-PGO! We have reviewed the report and taken action on the 7 Wayspots and the Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.