Request Removal of Insensitive Fake Wayspot

When submitting an appeal, please use the below format:

Title of the Wayspot: Taman Permainan Taman vila intan

City: Papar

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: N/A

Photos to support your claim: Attached Below

Additional information:

Taman Vila Intan is a recent housing development in its area, the area does indeed have outdoor recreational area and playgrounds such as slides, swing sets, basketball courts.

However the nomination for a playground in the area which was accepted clearly used a fake photo and an equally fake supporting photo.

This is the wayspot in question:

This is the photo used for the wayspot :

Reverse image google search shows that the playground in the image above is NOT in Kelanahan, Papar, Malaysia but rather in Upper Bukit Timah, Singapore.

This is a wayspot in Singapore which is the playground in the image above:

The Image used for the Vila Intan wayspot is taken from a news article in which two boys were found dead near the playgound, the news website watermark can also be seen in the image submitted for the wayspot.

I voted 1 star on this nomination because I quickly spotted it was a 3rd party photo/fake nomination. I have no idea how it got approved. There are multiple other submissions currently in voting in the same place with fake playground photos.

An actual playground and outdoor recreation facilities actually exist in the location, I hereby invite the submitter to actually go and take real actual pictures of the real thing for submission.

Tagged:

Comments

• DeadP1e-INGDeadP1e-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

This is another submission placed in the same area using a very low quality image image taken from the internet

Reverse image search shows that the image is taken from the Malay-language Wikipedia article of a Playground

There are plenty of other submissions in this area where the images are taken from the internet. These are signs of an abuse of the system.

• NianticLCNianticLC Posts: 4,495 admin

Hey @DeadP1e-ING! We have reviewed this report and taken action on the Wayspots and the Wayfinder in accordance with our policies. While we are unable to discuss our actions in detail to protect the submitter’s privacy, they may include, but are not limited to, sending a warning message, placing restrictions on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO, or Ingress account, putting their account on probation, or placing a temporary or permanent suspension on their Wayfarer, Pokémon GO or Ingress account.

Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.