Contributing by Adding Pokestops

Hello everyone,

I am planning on opening a project for a niantic wayfarer and adding pokestops. As we are living in a remote village of Jammu and Kashmir India, there are no pokestops nearby. I think this would be a great idea to bring some pokestops to our village so that everyone can enjoy playing Pokemon GO. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to get started?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

First step: reach level 37 in Pokemon Go.

Second step: read the wayfarer criteria, stop and read it again.

Third step: pass the wayfarer test

Fourth step: review some nominations so you can learn what other people will see.

Fifth step: go out around your community finding places that meet the eligiblity criteria and nominate them. Keep on reviewing to earn upgrades and improve your understanding

Rinse and repeat step fifth as necessary

• Miremon3-PGOMiremon3-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thank you @WheelTrekker-ING ! With "to get started", I mean to get the project approved and to get funds to meet the expenses. Doing it for nothing will be extremely hard.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Project approved?

There's no project here. You nominate existing wayspots and they are approved or not by other wayfarers.

If you have expenses, you'll have to talk to your pokemon friends and collect money but first you should reflect if it's worth expending money if you don't have a clear idea about how this works.